Jump to content

The New Raith Rovers Thread


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Pretty much agree with this. His positioning and touch has let him down at times, but he’s also been a solid late game replacement and shown flashes of skill getting past players to help make space for others.  His part in the Aberdeen goal springs to mind. Won’t set the league on fire but a decent, known quantity as much needed back-up for the rest of the season. 

I'd say the opposite about BRS - I think his best games have been when he's started and not looked so good when he's came on as a substitute. Maybe his appearance coinciding with our collapse v Hamilton has clouded my judgement but I don't feel he gets into games quick enough when he comes on. His best performance was away at Morton when he started the game. 

He's definitely a good squad player nonetheless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent. What a way to get the fans back on side.

It will be interesting to see who plays on the left now but I'd imagine Zenatta is a bit more flexible so we'll move him to either the right or a more central position to keep Connolly put wide.

f**k aye.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

I'd say the opposite about BRS - I think his best games have been when he's started and not looked so good when he's came on as a substitute. Maybe his appearance coinciding with our collapse v Hamilton has clouded my judgement but I don't feel he gets into games quick enough when he comes on. His best performance was away at Morton when he started the game. 

He's definitely a good squad player nonetheless.

Aye, that’s also a fair assessment. I’m maybe thinking more recent games. Thought he looked poor as a starter down at Ayr, very poor touch which ultimately led to him being booked, but in the last few games he’s come on and looked ok. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An ugly reality, especially at this level, that many don’t want to face is our squad is going to be comprised of (hopefully) a few stars in the making, a few youngish players who have topped/are topping out, a few experienced old hands nearing the end, a few young potential talents and a levening of solid, middle of the road, squad players.

That being said, we have Ross, Musonda and Tumilty who all have shown ability to play at a higher level…Zanatta, Varian and Dick all have potential to grow into similar types…that’s pretty good for our squad size.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

Excellent. What a way to get the fans back on side.

It will be interesting to see who plays on the left now but I'd imagine Zenatta is a bit more flexible so we'll move him to either the right or a more central position to keep Connolly put wide.

f**k aye.

The choice of left wing was also my thought, but Zanatta certainly appears the more capable of taking on Vaughan’s type of role, especially when Tait is gone. We could see one up top with Ross and Connolly flanking and Zanatta freelancing across the pitch just behind them, supported by Matthews and Spencer,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Aberdeen FC has this afternoon reached an agreement with Raith Rovers for Ethan Ross to sign a permanent contract with the Scottish Championship side.

 

The twenty-year-old, an AFC Youth Academy graduate, had a loan spell at Stark’s Park during the first half of last season

Ethan rejected the offer of an extended contract this summer, and felt his future lay elsewhere. We have agreed a youth compensation deal with Raith Rovers that includes an upfront fee and significant sell-on percentage that protects the longer term interests of AFC should Ethan leave Raith Rovers in the future.

Aberdeen FC | Ethan Ross Joins Raith Rovers (afc.co.uk)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fair play to the club, that's some statement of intent with this signing. Absolutely delighted with it.

Had hoped we'd at least ask the question when Queen's Park were linked but didn't actually expect us to stump up the fee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

An ugly reality, especially at this level, that many don’t want to face is our squad is going to be comprised of (hopefully) a few stars in the making, a few youngish players who have topped/are topping out, a few experienced old hands nearing the end, a few young potential talents and a levening of solid, middle of the road, squad players.

Don’t think it’s particularly ugly. The most successful period in our history was exactly this type of blend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

…but I did also say Ross was a pipe dream! Never been happier to be wrong, that’s an amazing commitment from the club. Wonder if the compensation might be tied to playing time?
Rovers won't be receiving any development fee for him that's a start so some money off the deal.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

Very realistic. No sign of a railway line or a wall anywhere. Nice neat grass area that will never exist. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

For what it's worth the railway line is shown on the plan and will be partly (or maybe mostly) hidden by the foliage in the picture. Going by the plan there's enough space for the small grassy area shown.

Edited by embow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...