The New Raith Rovers Thread

Totally agree with all the positive points in the post above. Haven’t enjoyed watching the Rovers as much since the glory years of the 90s. 

The one thing that stops me getting too carried away is that based on past experience we know we are always one bad decision away from a crisis. Things can turn around pretty quickly if you appoint the wrong manager or make a bad call on something off the field. No sign of any of that at the moment given our current stability, but it’s something to be mindful of. Also have a slight concern about the long term. Where does ownership go once Sim retires or is no longer around? Him taking control meant ripping up the structures and guarantees that were previously in place particularly around fan involvement on the board. There’s nothing to stop a new owner (or even Sim for that matter) chucking the fan rep off the board and taking the club in a wrong direction. Again, there’s no sign of that happening but it is still something we need to keep in mind. 

29 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Add me to the folk who think Tumilty will go to the Premiership in the summer. Think he could get a game for a bottom 6 team.

Aye, I suppose realistically we're going to have to consolidate for a season before pushing into the top six and European spots.

41 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Totally agree with all the positive points in the post above. Haven’t enjoyed watching the Rovers as much since the glory years of the 90s. 

The one thing that stops me getting too carried away is that based on past experience we know we are always one bad decision away from a crisis. Things can turn around pretty quickly if you appoint the wrong manager or make a bad call on something off the field. No sign of any of that at the moment given our current stability, but it’s something to be mindful of. Also have a slight concern about the long term. Where does ownership go once Sim retires or is no longer around? Him taking control meant ripping up the structures and guarantees that were previously in place particularly around fan involvement on the board. There’s nothing to stop a new owner (or even Sim for that matter) chucking the fan rep off the board and taking the club in a wrong direction. Again, there’s no sign of that happening but it is still something we need to keep in mind. 

All true, and exactly what happened after McKinnon left. 

It takes 1000 steps to get to the top of the mountain, but it only needs one to get back off it again (so long as you don't mind how you land)

Edited by renton

I think we should be as fans looking into shifting the money put into the fans trust and buildup a substantial pot with an attempt to buy a decent shareholding. It may attract more people to contribute with this type of idea. Try a mini hearts or Morton

I don’t think there’s any doubt we’ll have tried to get Tumilty to sign a new deal already. That he hasn’t means he’ll be seeing how the season plays out here, and what’s out there in the summer. Which is fair enough really.

Wild that it was a collective shrug of the shoulders from Morton fans when we signed him. Seems to be a common theme when McGlynn is involved.

35 minutes ago, Paco said:

That he hasn’t means he’ll be seeing how the season plays out here, and what’s out there in the summer. Which is fair enough really.

Possibly, but then it's still only October and we haven't even completed the first quarter of the season yet. 

2 hours ago, Paco said:

Wild that it was a collective shrug of the shoulders from Morton fans when we signed him. Seems to be a common theme when McGlynn is involved.

Add Ayr fans to that list with Zanatta, however ICT fans were probably right with Keatings

2 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Add Ayr fans to that list with Zanatta, however ICT fans were probably right with Keatings

Thing is Zanatta was actually decent for us first time round too. Sometimes it just doesn’t pan out at another club. 

Amazing to get Ethan Ross is though until 2024. Lovely stuff. 

38 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Thing is Zanatta was actually decent for us first time round too. Sometimes it just doesn’t pan out at another club. 

Amazing to get Ethan Ross is though until 2024. Lovely stuff. 

Yep I agree, was a half decent player 1st time bold is best

With great fecking difficulty, nearly cost us our club the cnut
Can we get a loan of the forklift/crane that was needed to dislodge him from Starks Park?

As we now have the same problem at NDP & if the way the on-field operations are being run down are anything to go by he may have similar ideas...

7 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Can we get a loan of the forklift/crane that was needed to dislodge him from Starks Park?

As we now have the same problem at NDP & if the way the on-field operations are being run down are anything to go by he may have similar ideas...

I hope not for you guys sake, man is rotten to the core and if you can get rid of him then you should