The New Raith Rovers Thread

32 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Suppose the money from Tait going to Hibs will have contributed to this. I wasn’t happy with the move at the time, and I’m still not really, but I’m delighted to see us using that money to bring in another promising young player. 

Maybe that's the Celtic cup game money being used so positively

16 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I think that's the right choice. Provides continuity through January when we'll likely have to make at least a couple of moves already, but I'm not convinced he's done enough to warrant anything beyond the end of the season. 

I honestly haven't been convinced he's done enough to warrant beyond the end of January.

Obviously the Tait money will have been a factor, but it’s likely that the tie at Celtic Park was, too. Shows how important a good cup run can be. 

Brilliant signing - and we either have a very good player for 3 years or he tears it up and we get some cash. 

The kind of signing that makes you think, a quality addition or two in January and we could have another real go at promotion.

Buzzing!

I honestly think it’s probably not been much the compensation no more than 50k I would imagine but it’s a fortunate to us, can’t mind the last time we paid compensation Kieran McDonald and before that Scott Mcbride from Cowdenbeath perhaps but we’ll done to the club

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

Genuinely laughed at the suggestion we would sign him recently, didn’t see him wanting to come and even more the thought of us paying the development fee i seen reported a while back.

Fair play for the club putting its money where its mouth is.

Even more gutted i can’t make it onSaturday now.

I would be shocked if it was anywhere near the £100k being mentioned.

Probably something like £10 or £20k with more going to Aberdeen if we ever sell him on.

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Probably something like £10 or £20k with more going to Aberdeen if we ever sell him on.

Chuck in a box of Lego for Scott Brown and the job's a good 'un. 

Edited by Michael W

30 minutes ago, renton said:

I honestly haven't been convinced he's done enough to warrant beyond the end of January.

If we had a squad of 19 or 20 fit and fighting first-teamers I'd probably agree with you, but as it stands, it's a case of better-the-devil-you-know, for me. While BRS might not win any player of the year awards, he's a known quantity. We've got enough to do in January without taking a gamble on a like-for-like replacement for him too. 

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Was it not reported clubs like Sunderland/Southampton (one of the 2) and Blackburn were wanting him but the development fee was the sticking point? Nuts that we've managed to somehow pull it off.

Cross border compensation is lower than in the same country most of the times.

Like Celtic getting Dembele for 500k a few years ago from Fulham. 

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Was it not reported clubs like Sunderland/Southampton (one of the 2) and Blackburn were wanting him but the development fee was the sticking point? Nuts that we've managed to somehow pull it off.

He trained with Southampton in the summer with a view to signing with their u23 side. I'm assuming that it fell through because he didn't do enough to earn a contract.

That’s a brilliant signing, that I’m genuinely surprised we managed to pull off. 

I was thinking that someone would be able to negotiate with Aberdeen to come to some kind of agreement, but never thought it would be ourselves. 

Like someone else mentioned, I thought Ross was more effective for us than Kai Kennedy. I’m not saying he’s definitely a better player than him, but I was more impressed by the former. 

If he kicks on over the next 18 months, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the next player to bring us in a decent fee, which will obviously be a lot bigger with us being a Premiership club by that point. 

I'd imagine that part of the deal involves a percentage to Aberdeen of any future sell on fee. But I doubt we will have paid anywhere near the rumoured 100k, with him not playing his value would be depreciating like an old car.

BRS makes sense we need numbers he hasn't done a lot wrong in his time here. 

With tait training with hibs now it looks like he will be away in January. 

From the Courier online

"Rovers agreed a five-figure development fee to cover the player’s decade with the Dons."

Apparently, also according to the article, we fought off high spending Queen's Park for his signature.