The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’ve heard plenty of aiming for promotion, but very little, if any, suggesting immediately. It has been made clear we need to stabilize in the Championship before pushing forward, and after a massive challenging year, the company accounts are about to be signed. Once we hear how the financials are going, we will better understand what the Board can give JMcG to work with…until then we’re all guessing in the blind. Last financials were, shall we say, not the best, but hopefully we’ve improved greatly. Certainly the (majority of the) team is playing its guts out, seems a pretty fair return for our support.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

I’ve heard plenty of aiming for promotion, but very little, if any, suggesting immediately. It has been made clear we need to stabilize in the Championship before pushing forward, and after a massive challenging year, the company accounts are about to be signed. Once we hear how the financials are going, we will better understand what the Board can give JMcG to work with…until then we’re all guessing in the blind. Last financials were, shall we say, not the best, but hopefully we’ve improved greatly. Certainly the (majority of the) team is playing its guts out, seems a pretty fair return for our support.

Tx they don’t do it for us, they do it to get a better contract or stay in a job, pro players are interested in money, it’s there job, the fans are the least of there concerns, I know a few players ( gosh I roll with the stars😂 not) and money/contracts are there main concern . We will see with the finances when accounts are released and you may be right but over the summer the club has lost a bit of trust from the fans IMO they need to work hard to get it back and so far haven’t or really tried to. I am concerned about the next 3 months, I hope I’m wrong I really do , I don’t want anything to jeopardise our championship status and they have cut the squad too tight IMO . It’s done now, going to try and not mention this again and get behind the boys

30 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Uh... the signing is being kept under wraps until 3pm tomorrow in order to exploit the element of surprise against Killie...?

Remember in the Locke season where Mark Stewart got injured in the run up to the first derby at East End Park and the club put out a huge statement about him being injured and how it would be a problem for us as he'd scored a few goals. He played the game and it ended 0-0 in one of the most weird bits of attempted mind games I've seen. 

58 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Uh... the signing is being kept under wraps until 3pm tomorrow in order to exploit the element of surprise against Killie...?

This is gonna turn out to be one of those things in 20 years we'll find out where all parties were up for it and somehow managed to not make it happen on the deadline.

9 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

The annoying thing is, it would have been a good signing. Ah well, 'Mon Matej!

(Removed who I quoted, didn’t mean that - this new Tapatalk app is taking a bit of getting use too)
I’m all for stability in the Championship, however, I’m also in the camp of f#ck that and get us promoted (I know there’s wild factors in that). I mean you look at Livi, they didn’t stabilise in the Championship they went back to back promotions and are now settled comfortably in the Prem.
FWIW, I don’t think we will be promoted this season, unless of course the stars align and there’s wild quality in the signings made in January.
With 2 games to play in the quarter, if we finish on 15pts (based on a draw & win, in they 2 games), that’ll be the same as the first 9 games last season. Not the worst start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk lol

I see one of the subjects on Off The Ball today is what does Raith Rovers mean to you?

They have a Raith Rovers supporting climate change expert on. 

Tam remembers invading the pitch at Starks Park when Motherwell win the league in ‘85.

I’m expecting some contributions from St Mirren and Airdrie fans.

Edited by Scary Bear

Dear John Sim,
Scrap signing another forward that won’t score anyway, put every pound in giving Tumilty the best and longest deal possible.
Yours, entire Raith support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The engine on him is unbelievable. Remember morton fans not being bothered he signed for us...

2 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Dear John Sim,
Scrap signing another forward that won’t score anyway, put every pound in giving Tumilty the best and longest deal possible.
Yours, entire Raith support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Absolutely this. A total hero of a man. 

Three CB’s worked today. It won’t work every game, but JMcG nailed it today. Lang appears to have been an excellent signing, Frankie is very close to a return, Varian can provide assists and Poppy is scoring…all is well!