The New Raith Rovers Thread

With only Varian and Poplatnik realistically in the 9 position, we are looking pretty shite up top.
We're no worse off. Keatings couldnt kick snow off a dyke at the moment, far less score. I know we're without cover right now, but realistically we've been playing without Keatings since the season started.

Announce Gullan.

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I still can't decide if that phrasing is a rather clumsy attempt at an explanation or if it's an outright insult. 

If Bill Clarke wrote it, then probably both. I do recall his less than diplomatic explanations regarding the likes of Buchanan and that wee shitehawk winger (edit: Flanagan)leaving in 2019.

Edited by renton

Like others I'm struggling to see how a regular run of games will mean is body is strong enough to train regularly during the week but it's done now.

I can't accept that we should now muddle through to January with Varian and Poplatnik as our only two strikers though.

Maybe just me, but that statement is piss poor. 

don’t feel there is any need to come out and publicly come out and say “his body isn’t strong enough to train with the team”.
suggests to me there is maybe more to it, a fallout perhaps. 

should have been kept to - needs game time, so we’ve put him out on loan.  

Agree wholeheartedly. Sometime soon, I’d like us to go a couple of days in a row without doing something which makes me suck air in through my teeth.

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

Know you're history young padawan, neither ICT or the teams that merged to form ICT started with traditional blue and red stripes so if anything we had that strip design before them 😉 

I know my history; Caledonian played in Blue and Thistle in red, so that ICT chose the colours of their founding clubs:
ICT.jpg.3d3d6487572e3e16ff14c7aa36200fff.jpg

I don't know who's putting out the press releases and statements at the minute but they are all over the fucking show. 

I think mcglynn has seen enough and keatings is a not upto it any more. It seemed a rash signing at the time which is strange for a pca.

The pars game is now a 7pm kick off.

17 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I know my history; Caledonian played in Blue and Thistle in red, so that ICT chose the colours of their founding clubs:
ICT.jpg.3d3d6487572e3e16ff14c7aa36200fff.jpg

That strip is from 2016, ICT's first strip was all blue in 1994. Our blue and red 3rd kit was before ICT decided to go with the red and blue affair.

And yes, I know I'm petty and pedantic 😜

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Inverness_Caledonian_Thistle/Inverness_Caledonian_Thistle.htm

Edited by Raithie

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

On the website, they've said "James’ limited playing time has been as a result of his body not being strong enough to let him fully train as part of the team throughout the week.

To get James back up to match fitness he needs extended playing time, and to achieve this we have agreed to loan him to Montrose until January 2022."

Is this code for "he's not fit and is too lazy to get fit without games"? It's a really odd turn of phrase. Apologies to James Keatings if that's not the case but it's a really odd comment for a club to make.

Don't see why the club couldn't have just the used the generic "needs more game time so is going out on loan" type statement.  It's such a strangely worded statement.

The club are, frankly, completely and utterly weird with their communication at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

You can bring in  loan players I believe until 5th October , I think they need to be either free agents or with Scottish clubs as the international window is closed 

I think it's just the calendar month of September. As far as I know it closes on 30th, but I may be wrong. I never saw any official email about it but I did speak to an SPFL official and he referred to "September" in the conversation. It usually closes on a month end.

Either way though, it's still open now for domestic loans only.

Free agents are irrelevant. They can sign any time as long as they were free agents on 31st August. The September deadline doesn't apply to them either.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Don't see why the club couldn't have just the used the generic "needs more game time so is going out on loan" type statement.  It's such a strangely worded statement.

The club are, frankly, completely and utterly weird with their communication at the moment. 

Suspect they've tried to address criticism of him not getting game time with Raith but it's just raised more questions than it answers to be honest.

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think it's just the calendar month of September. As far as I know it closes on 30th, but I may be wrong. I never saw any official email about it but I did speak to an SPFL official and he referred to "September" in the conversation. It usually closes on a month end.

Either way though, it's still open now for domestic loans only.

Free agents are irrelevant. They can sign any time as long as they were free agents on 31st August. The September deadline doesn't apply to them either.

On the SPFL wed site it states that this season due to some window that it will close on 5th October 

addition, the dispensation currently afforded to League One and Two clubs enabling them to sign players on loan in September and February has been extended to Championship clubs.  The “September” window has been amended to October given that the Scottish FA has confirmed that the Scottish transfer window will close on 5 October.

Edited by Finlay21

Is this code for "he's not fit and is too lazy to get fit without games"? It's a really odd turn of phrase. Apologies to James Keatings if that's not the case but it's a really odd comment for a club to make.
Either way, it's not well worded. If someone publicly went out and said that you're struggling to handle things at work, it doesn't do the best for how people perceive you.

As others have said, nobody would've really said much if we'd gone with the "mutually agreed to allow James to go out on loan to get game time" but to add in the bit about his body struggling in training is just bizarre as mentioned.