The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’m sure he’s not a dud, because Petrie doesn’t take in players that are going to do nothing for the team
McGlynn will have thought he can get more out of Keatings than Caley did last season. Sometimes, some players just don't fit in for whatever reason at certain clubs. Lewis Milne is a good example of that. Enigma mentioned he was dross for us: for whatever reason he couldn't handle the step up to ourselves and didn't fit our team whereas at Montrose he's very much a key player. It might be that dropping down a level and being a focal point in attack might rejuvenate things for him.

I always trust the manager, but I do find it a bit odd that this decision is being made based on virtually zero game time for Keatings.  If he had a few starts and looked keech, fair enough.  Does suggest that something isn't quite right.

1 hour ago, The Gable Endie said:

I’m sure he’s not a dud, because Petrie doesn’t take in players that are going to do nothing for the team

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

McGlynn is usually the same...

League One defences can make Robbie fucking Muirhead look like Zlatan on a regular basis so both of these claims can be correct. 

Looks like Montrose see the nick of Falkirk and fancy pushing the boat out for promotion this year - all power to them. 

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Not fussed about him going, it’s hardly as if we used him anyway tbh🤷🏻‍♂️

With the clubs recent injury woes we’re hardly in a position to give away any player just now. Getting Gullan back (hopefully) will alleviate some of those fears. If not, then I think it is rank stupidity 

22 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

With the clubs recent injury woes we’re hardly in a position to give away any player just now. Getting Gullan back (hopefully) will alleviate some of those fears. If not, then I think it is rank stupidity 

I don’t bud tbh as long as we bring someone in, it looks like you or I would probably get a game ahead of him at the moment, you sign an experienced striker and manager just doesn’t want to play him, somethings not right and we probably won’t find out what has went wrong but there is a story there

6 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I don’t bud tbh as long as we bring someone in, it looks like you or I would probably get a game ahead of him at the moment, you sign an experienced striker and manager just doesn’t want to play him, somethings not right and we probably won’t find out what has went wrong but there is a story there

You may have a point. But to let him go when injury’s happen, and they occur quite regularly at San Starko for some strange reason. If he does have a plan to replace him then he has to be experienced and not another kid

24 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Erm…. He signed Mendy. He was absolutely useless. Nice guy. But couldn’t kick his own arse

... and before that Lewis Allan and Jaio Victoria.

McGlynn doesn't always get it right, but his batting average is pretty decent. 

The curiosity here is what has gone wrong - clearly its something either seen in training or a personality clash or both.

The question is: Did Keatings ask to go out, or has McGlynn identified someone to come in and needed Keatings gone to free up some budget?

On the website, they've said "James’ limited playing time has been as a result of his body not being strong enough to let him fully train as part of the team throughout the week.

To get James back up to match fitness he needs extended playing time, and to achieve this we have agreed to loan him to Montrose until January 2022."

I'd suspect the chances of us bringing someone in between now and January are slim with McGlynn probably hoping by January Keatings will be back to match fitness and having had a run of games under his belt will be back with us ready to kick on.

Just now, Raithie said:

I'd suspect the chances of us bringing someone in between now and January are slim with McGlynn probably hoping by January Keatings will be back to match fitness and having had a run of games under his belt will be back with us ready to kick on.

With only Varian and Poplatnik realistically in the 9 position, we are looking pretty shite up top.

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

On the website, they've said "James’ limited playing time has been as a result of his body not being strong enough to let him fully train as part of the team throughout the week.

To get James back up to match fitness he needs extended playing time, and to achieve this we have agreed to loan him to Montrose until January 2022."

Not sure that makes sense. 

Not strong enough to train through the week, ergo needs to play a more demanding 90 minute game every week to be able to train sufficiently well to... Well, play every week?

Anyway, Varian looks half decent but we are down half a strike force with little to show for it, and as much as Zanatta is doing the job we need him to do, he's not a centre forward and would be wasted as such.

55 minutes ago, virginton said:

League One defences can make Robbie fucking Muirhead look like Zlatan on a regular basis so both of these claims can be correct. 

Looks like Montrose see the nick of Falkirk and fancy pushing the boat out for promotion this year - all power to them. 

Christ, with Kelty coming up and the possibility of Hamilton coming down, this might be the year to get the hell out of League One or else.

With regard to loaning Keatings out, we don’t even HAVE to replace him at this point. He, effectively, hasn’t played and we get some cash back this way. If he doesn’t return to good form at Montrose, we can hopefully extend that loan/another loan and bring in someone then. It will be January that we would be truly “short”, and even then, not critically so.

Maybe just me, but that statement is piss poor. 

don’t feel there is any need to come out and publicly come out and say “his body isn’t strong enough to train with the team”.

suggests to me there is maybe more to it, a fallout perhaps. 

should have been kept to - needs game time, so we’ve put him out on loan.