The New Raith Rovers Thread

How are Celtic getting away with this pish. There is no way there will be over 30,000 for this, with it on TV it will probably be way under 15,000. So even being optimistic that’s 30,000 seats empty which could easily accommodate an away support. f**k the Old Firm

Edited by roverthemoon

13 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

How are Celtic getting away with this pish. There is no way there will be over 30,000 for this, with it on TV it will probably be way under 15,000. So even being optimistic that’s 30,000 seats empty which could easily accommodate an away support. f**k the Old Firm

Because they are Celtic. 

End of story. 

I really don’t want to end up in a culture of moaning about everything the club does, and perhaps behind the scenes they’ve been going mental, but that basic statement of ‘no fans, nae luck’ doesn’t sit right with me.

It’s our first League Cup quarter final since 1994. Celtic will not sell 55,000 tickets.

We should be kicking up shit.

Just now, Paco said:

I really don’t want to end up in a culture of moaning about everything the club does, and perhaps behind the scenes they’ve been going mental, but that basic statement of ‘no fans, nae luck’ doesn’t sit right with me.

It’s our first League Cup quarter final since 1994. Celtic will not sell 55,000 tickets.

We should be kicking up shit.

Yeah, it would be easy to preface that statement with "Despite the club's vehement protestations..." (or something less Edwardian). It wouldn't change anything, but it'd be nice to see. 

53 minutes ago, pub car king said:

No tickets for the Celtic match.

So they couldn’t fit 1000 of us in Celtic Park for a game that’s live on a pay per view channel? When the usual attendance for a midweek league cup game with us is around the 13,000 mark.

How did the Scottish national team manage to have 40,000 punters from all over Scotland for the Moldova game? Has there been some recent announcement I’ve missed?

19 hours ago, Enigma said:

Laurie Ellis is an absolutely lovely guy. Dare I say it but if he does well at QP (gets them up, keeps them up) he’s probably looking at bigger jobs than Rovers manger. He’s relatively young, intelligent and well spoken - all things that will work in his favour.

Possibly. However for me its just one of those things that could be the perfect fit to bring the club forward.  Keeping Mcglynn at thr club, perhaps with a greater hand in development of youth etc, with a young manager who he knows and trusts who buys into his style of football.

I may be totally wrong, but its just this weird hunch I have.  I can't see Mcglynn leaving the club completely when the time does come to move on.

Get a mahoosive telly into Stark's and place it behind the home end goal. Fiver or something to get in, pies on sale, club shop open, 50 50 draw etc.

Weegie minks.

[emoji23]

It’s been a while since we’ve seen this mooted on these forums. Have a greenie, for old times sake.

22 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Get a mahoosive telly into Stark's and place it behind the home end goal. Fiver or something to get in, pies on sale, club shop open, 50 50 draw etc.

Weegie minks.

Get Coldplay to bang out a couple of tunes at half time.

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Possibly. However for me its just one of those things that could be the perfect fit to bring the club forward.  Keeping Mcglynn at thr club, perhaps with a greater hand in development of youth etc, with a young manager who he knows and trusts who buys into his style of football.

I may be totally wrong, but its just this weird hunch I have.  I can't see Mcglynn leaving the club completely when the time does come to move on.

What happens if Ellis makes a total c**t of it at Queens Park? No thanks