The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

No idea mate, suppose we may find out in time.

I dont disagree with anything else you say either. However, the gaffer, appeared to genuinely approve of the deal... in fact more so, he was quite enthusiastic about it. He saw it as success that he took someone from being rejected by Partick Thistle and in 2 years made £100k plus whatever future clauses are triggered for the club whilst giving a player an opportunity to develop their career and progress to the top level in Scotland. It was a very candid, and selfless assessment.

There's a lot of rights on both sides of the argument here. Dylan Tait is a good young player and he has the potential to have a great future in the game. Ultimately our timing/ valuation may not be the best but as long as the gaffer is happy and the board aren't selling behind his back then I still have faith that we are moving in the right direction. If the 100k gives us the chance to sign and develop 3 or 4 more Dylan Taits then the future doesn't have to be doom and gloom.

However, don't get me wrong.... I'm still very much of the view we should've rejected, publicised what we rejected and waited to see what happened in January.

Thought McGlynn chose his words carefully during parts of the interview

Pretty cute of the club to put McGlynn in front of the camera for an explanation when personally think the statement should have come from the CEO or JS

31 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Use the Tait money to bring home Ethan Ross. All will be forgiven.

Running a football club is that easy, right?

Maybe we could get Mr Sim to negotiate the development fee due to Aberdeen down in the same way he did with the transfer of Dylan Tait.

Just a thought.

7 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Silence is deafening from Sim and Macartney on this. If your business was being slaughtered right, left and centre from its customer base then you’d want to nip it in the bud pretty quickly.

What’s their corporate buzzword acronym for AWOL?

Karen McCartney will be on K107 on the Saturday Sport Show from 1pm tomorrow.

Interested to hear what she's got to say, but can't help but feel the Ambition from the R.A.I.T.H acronym they've got on the go will stick out like a sore thumb. Really hope it doesn't go the way of the Drysdale disaster after the Bates deal when he tried to fob it off with a shtick of "fans don't appreciate a lot of why it's been done". It was made immeasurably worse when, after Bates left for Hamburg, he tried to justify the deal saying "fans should now see the benefit" when we got a UEFA development fee, something which had nothing to do with our deal with Rangers. 

I feel like the issue nowadays is that fans are particularly switched on for transfers and moves. Maybe it's Dunning-Kruger effect in some shape or form, but it feels like fans take more of an active interest in moves due to the different permutations involved in transfers nowadays. Nobody is really happy when it's dismissed like we've seen historically. 

20 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

John  Mcglynn saying we have spent more on this seasons budget makes me think.  How much are we paying Berra?

From what I’ve heard Berra isn’t on big money. He’s still coaching at Hearts.

I actually quite liked the interveiw, yes he was obviously told to dodge the major question however he told it like it is to run an average Scottish football team, how many of us have been in that position ? bring in the yong guns, sell them on attrack more etc and keep the club going is apparently his job................

..................that said the guys at the top need to stop saying we want to challenge and go for the title................just fucking f**k off and tell it like it is, if we need £100K to survive be fucking tranparent, just seems like a shit deal for us and a belter for Hibs.

All the best to Dylan, I really hope like Ziggy he goes on to better things, when we look back we can say we did that, just look at Nisbet, we did that, be proud of what we have done and what we can do.

Edited by keyser_soze

And get short-changed every f-ing time.

We gor circa£25k from Hibs for Sean Mackie, a guy who played once and had 18 months of his contract to run. £100k for Tait isn't great. 

The hallowed yet notable by the absence of any substance "sell-on clause" notwithstanding.

Edited by pantene proV

3 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Aberdeen due a six figure compensation fee to anyone who signs him, thats the problem for the lad 

If a free agent who has recently rejected an offer to stay at his former club that is better or equal to the terms of his last agreed deal.

I think the club have completely misread the room where it comes to the fans who have put their hands in their pockets last season knowing they wouldn't set foot in the ground yet continued to support the club financially. 

Genuine question are the costs of a full time squad that dramatically different to the full time and 2 part time players last year?

There was a disappointing recruitment  campaign for many and we didn't strengthen enough as has been proven by Vaughans latest injury set back. 

The fiasco that was the pars match. I understand it wasn't the clubs fault about the power surge but everything that happened after that be it a police decision, the referee or the safety officer it wound people up.

Now we sell our best young player in what seems like a last ditch blind panic for I'm sure everyone agrees is a poor price. Then the club send the manager out to almost carry the can and that poor bugger has to throw out half facts and contradicting statements.

Folk are fed up alright.

7 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

I would love the club to explain in detail how we have spent more on the squad this season than last Season. 

I can only assume that a lot of the players from last season that were handed new contracts have had very reasonable pay increases. 

2 hours ago, pantene proV said:

And get short-changed every f-ing time.

We gor circa£25k from Hibs for Sean Mackie, a guy who played once and had 18 months of his contract to run. £100k for Tait isn't great. 

The hallowed yet notable by the absence of any substance "sell-on clause" notwithstanding.

'We got a daft fee once so that's the benchmark from now on' is not the strong argument you think it is. 

55 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Something that really worries me just now is the amount of people I know who have supported the Rovers for as long as I (and probably they) can remember that are properly pissed off with the club at the moment. 

Loyalty ultimately has a breaking point. 

I think if we win a couple of games, we'll probably relax quite a bit. I was very optimistic after the Aberdeen game but even now I'm quite down about how things are. It's really hard to be enthusiastic after what's happened with Vaughan and Tait, and then you see our next fixture is a game in the diddy cup against Forfar. I'll happily admit that I've made some ridiculous statements in the past in the Summer when we appointed Locke. The toys went completely out the pram and I made a lot of noise about this and that but ultimately when push came to shove I still went to most of the games.

We really do need to start nipping the apathy in the bud though: the club are falling back into old ways about delivering news and that isn't good for anyone. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I can only assume that a lot of the players from last season that were handed new contracts have had very reasonable pay increases. 

Aye, it's worth remembering a lot of the lads would've been on two year deals from our league 1 "winning" season.