The New Raith Rovers Thread

Off topic but

Tickets – Scanning – Photographic ID 

We want to ensure that every supporter attending Saturday’s match v Forfar Athletic is able to access the stadium with ease. Our new scanning system sometimes highlights tickets that require to be double-checked.

If you are coming to the cup match on Saturday, please bring photographic ID in case tickets need verified.

Access arrangements – COVID protocols

We’d like to remind all supporters of the Access arrangements this weekend v Forfar Athletic, as detailed earlier this week here.

Really!

Utter bollock, basically the system is shite and they have Ben found out.

41 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Only guessing but what’s stopping me from sending my e-ticket to someone then they can use it 

nothing as long as your not intending using it as surely the barcode can only be scanned once.

40 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Some one must think that season tickets are being loaned out.

Dont see what photo ID is going to prove if someone lends out their season something that being happening for years

Edited by Rovers_Lad

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Dont see what photo ID is going to prove if someone lends out their season something that being happening for years

Maybe that you are not the ST holder. What are the contractual rules on use of ST, are you allowed to loan it out for matches…asking because I genuinely don’t know.

A lot of well reasoned posts on both sides of this deal....I'm in the They're All Risks On Both Sides camp. We'll make hay off some more than others, and circumstances dictates how well all our kids will do. £100+k is best we can get at our level and we pray for big coin from progression.

We assume our well intentioned gaffer has the future proofing in hand. If he doesn't we move on there too.

I (want to) believe he does.

I'm sorry but we finished second in the league which equates to £400k, £500k from the government. £100k from fans. £5K PM from more fans. 1000+ season tickets. I'm sorry but we must be one of the clubs to have made a profit from the virus. The money for the electric system would have been part of the government scheme for covid. The floodlights should NOT be factored into this as we are renting the ground from a landlord who should have fit the bill for an acceptable level of staduim for rent.

We finished third as I recall….

3 hours ago, Are we there yet? said:

Reality check time for a bunch of folks on here. The advantage of progressing the careers of great young players is that more are likely to see the Rovers as a stepping step to the Premiership and beyond. And they will be advised by agents and parents to join us because we benefit from them playing, they benefit from showing what they can do and we get money for young guys that are not yet the finished product. And we will celebrate the fact that they can go onto great careers with bigger teams. We are not yet a premiership club and we have to continue to generate income to fund our progress.  Guys choose us over Dunfermline from the Fife Elite team because they see that they get the opportunities here.

Look at Peterborough and Brentford, two clubs who bring in players of potential to sell on and generate the income to supplement the squad and pay for the continued development of the squad and other young guys coming in. And Brentford are in the Premier now.  If our business model is bring in great  young players with potential for £100,000+ every year to supplement our budgets then this is excellent way to fund the club and keep us moving forward.  We need to be picking up the young guys with potential who are at clubs where they dont get a chance and bring them here...tie them up on 3-4 year contracts and expect to be able to sell them after a year or two. Shorter contracts and they walk for free. 

Sure I want a team of stars who fulfil their potential here at the Rovers but I would rather have a steady stream of young guys who make us money and allow us to bring in more experienced players who will hang around. We all remember young guys with potential who ran out of stream here over a couple of seasons and were released.  

We will always be a selling club and this should be something to be applauded. If we are seen as a selling club because we can develop great young players and still continue to progress then thats a great outcome. Money plus a sell on fee from someone who's been here a couple of years is a good bit of business IMO.

In answer to one of the above posts...the point of attracting players here to unltimately benefit other clubs is that for a couple of years effort we get £100,000+ and sell on fees. That helps keep our club solvent and alive! Whats the point of not bringing them in and being prepared to sell them on if another club can do the same? 

And no I'm not a Director and no, I'm not connected with the club, I'm just a long time supporter who many years ago had my heart broken when Brewster choose Dundee United over us for his next move! For no money. That was harder to take than it is to celebrate seeing someone like Dylan move on because we gave him his chance to shine. And I'm so happy about that I'm increasing my monthly amount to the development fund because my investment has helped the club make over £100,000 from his transfer.  

COYR

From memory right enough, but did we not get a couple of hundred grand for Brewster?

19 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Your name is on the season card and would need to match the ID. In the past would only work if stewards could be arsed checking but reading about this new ticket scanning thing sounds like it'll be done at random. 

3 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Basically, all the manager's interview does is tell any team out there that the first offer for any of our talented players will suffice "becuz fyoochur injuhreez!"

It's ok to play hardball at least a wee bit ffs!

Only its no up to the manager , in part today he was flung under a bus by the Ceo / Sim

7 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Your name is on the season card and would need to match the ID. In the past would only work if stewards could be arsed checking but reading about this new ticket scanning thing sounds like it'll be done at random. 

Am I missing something(apart from grey cells)

This game isn,t on the season so no need to show season card

And what if somebody doesn,t happen to have photo ID on them?

£100+k is best we can get at our level and we pray for big coin from progression.

Hibs literally bought a player from a club in our league for more money who had less time left on their contract. It wasn't a huge difference, but it still raises the question of why we've folded.

There's no reason why we can't turn around and expect more. The top flight SPFL clubs are, generally speaking, getting more money for players from the English gravy train. We should have asked for a higher price for Tait. If Hibs don't want to pay it, then we continue to play him as our player and hopefully his natural talent let's him kick on. We then review it next summer and if he's improved we look at any interest whether from the top flight in Scotland on down south.

Yes, there's a risk he gets injured or form drops off but there's no reason why our squad can't do well when we actually play. We've crumbled at the first bid instead of actually testing on how much another club really wanted an asset of ours.

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Am I missing something(apart from grey cells)

This game isn,t on the season so no need to show season card

And what if somebody doesn,t happen to have photo ID on them?

I'm talking about loaning a season to someone in general going for forward. For cup games the e-ticket has your name on it as well. Suppose if you can't prove your the person on the ticket you could be refused entry. Different entertainment sector but this happens at gigs a lot. 

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Off topic but

Tickets – Scanning – Photographic ID 

We want to ensure that every supporter attending Saturday’s match v Forfar Athletic is able to access the stadium with ease. Our new scanning system sometimes highlights tickets that require to be double-checked.

If you are coming to the cup match on Saturday, please bring photographic ID in case tickets need verified.

Access arrangements – COVID protocols

We’d like to remind all supporters of the Access arrangements this weekend v Forfar Athletic, as detailed earlier this week here.

Really!

Best bring a torch as well