The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

As much as I’m disappointed at the deal, it’s more a continuation of the fact we’ve failed to build on last season’s success, rather than the specifics of Tait’s sale.

Has a Scottish Championship club ever built on a decent season where they just missed out on promotion, or have they always inevitably seen the vultures descend and had their best players picked off?

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

Him being off form isn’t anything to do with the lack of goals and assists. His pass completion has been poor to say the least and I’m referring to simple passes. He clearly isn’t comfortable collecting the ball deeper which it looks like he’s being asked to do more this season.
Let me make this clear, this is not a witch hunt. Overall I’m a big admirer of Tait but I feel peoples perception of this deal has been shadowed by recent events.

Wholeheartedly agree. Last years Tait, an AM in front of Hendry or a winger was a world apart from this years sitting deeper Tait. It’s not he’s bad, because he isn’t bad, it’s that he hasn’t impressed in this new role (yet?). He’s also shown an outsized propensity for yellow cards, almost like Davo did.

Just now, Enigma said:

Has a Scottish Championship club ever built on a decent season where they just missed out on promotion, or have they always inevitably seen the vultures decedent and had their best players picked off?

I did think last season that it was our big chance, as the squad would get picked off. 

MacDonald, Hendry and Tait (partially, potentially) are away, Vaughan is out and we’ve yet to see Musonda. 

With the greatest will in the world, we look a long way away from last season’s squad, but that’s to do with squad building, not the deal for Tait. 

14 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

As it stands, £100,000 for a teenager who may, or may not be good enough for Hibs isn’t a steal…

In the last 15 or so years there have been just 15 18 or 19 year-olds transferred for £100+ to a Scottish Premiership team, so, yea, for Scotland it’s a pretty stout fee.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

May…perhaps…reportedly. Not picking on you, @raith1974, but your post was timely to quote. I stand by my assertion that Dylan Tait was underperforming our expectations so far this season, not vastly, but still not pushing on as we expected. Hendry moving on exposed Tait as not quite as developed as we believed (I know I did), but he is still a very solid prospect. He has also picked up a nasty affinity for yellow cards. So, why did Raith accept Hibs bid?

1) Desperate for money

2) Promised Dylan they would allow him to move if an acceptable offer arrived, probably in exchange for that contract extension. Note that Hibs gave Dylan a four year deal, very important to him.

3) Got an offer they didn’t see being significantly improved upon by waiting.

4) JMcG believes that Dylan could be replaced with another player soon, so Tait was available for sale.

Of the four above, #2 or #3 seems most likely. On to “what is a good transfer deal”…

Well,  a good deal within Scotland is worth less (in cash terms) than a sale to an English club, and we know that Bowie was worth about £150k, plus some addons. Given Tait’s performance last year, £100k would seem a bit low, but if you get a 10% or 33% cut of sell-on fees that number can look increasing better or worse. As I’ve said before, without details, we cannot judge how good a deal this is.

Finally, for those scunnered by Raith selling talent, we are what we are. It would be awesome to have kept Bowie, Hendry and Tait while pushing into the Premiership, but we lack the financial backing for that yet. We will be developing and selling talent for the immediate future,  but hopefully building the club structure to finally make the push for permanent promotion. We have a number of  promising local young players, more than any time in recent memory, and are about to have to replace Fife Elite to ensure a further stream.

I can't begin to express what utter shite this whole post is.

51 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Has a Scottish Championship club ever built on a decent season where they just missed out on promotion, or have they always inevitably seen the vultures descend and had their best players picked off?

Look at Ayr in 18/19. A good season and they've lost all their good players since.

If Rovers needed the money that badly that they can again carry out a very poor , late deal why can't they instead ask us the fans to contribute again ?
I'd rather pay out to help the club than constantly have us give talent away at bargain prices. Do we have any ambition? What is the point of the Supporters Fund ?
It appears to be a subsidy for other clubs' benefit. 
If the club need money that badly I'd seriously question where the cash from last season has gone and be very resistant to putting anything into the club.

4 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

What we don't need is another Lewis Allan scenario on our hands, which was shameful BTW.

No booing the laddie just because he want's to earn a living by bettering himself.

I wholeheartedly agree. Having said that, the atmosphere is likely to be so flat that I doubt folk could muster the willpower to complain about the pies let alone boo what's happening on the pitch now.

I wholeheartedly agree. Having said that, the atmosphere is likely to be so flat that I doubt folk could muster the willpower to complain about the pies let alone boo what's happening on the pitch now.
Disagree. I'm sure certain sections of the support will be rehearsing that old favourite, "Sack the Board," for its relaunch in a week or two if this doesn't play out satisfactorily.

7 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

The squad after January looks shite, but I’ll worry about that then. 

Only after January? 

When Vaughan got croaked I thought ‘oh, oh’. He was our star turn and always looked likely to score.

Now Tait, our next most promising player is away to Hibs. He’s possibly here in body only until January and he can escape. Hibs might let us keep him on for the season, but he’ll be a Hibs player in his mind and I wonder how that will go. Hopefully he’ll continue to do us a turn.

Who else leaves in January that’s going to turn the squad to shite?

8 hours ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Things that never happened 101

Feel free to come and ask him the next time at Starks. 

16 hours ago, Raith_Rasta said:

We even been, bumped with transfers when McGlynn been in charge, dose he have much say in it? 

people are getting in a total state like. Yez are needing to look up breathing exercises on YouTube 😅

On 01/09/2021 at 01:37, Raith_Rasta said:

Maby  the Dunfermline game drama kinda fucked our coffers, and teams took advantage.

He “does” quite well at school. He can “maybe” even help you out with some of your terrible spelling bud. 

5 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

What we don't need is another Lewis Allan scenario on our hands, which was shameful BTW.

No booing the laddie just because he want's to earn a living by bettering himself.

I don't think anyone's aimed any criticism towards Dylan Tait at any point, have they? 

8 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

I’ve no problem with the reality of life as a smaller club. It’s Sim acting the big man and promising folk top tier and European football whilst selling key club assets that’s the problem. Yet another club owner driven by ego. 

Also Bill Clark being interviewed at half time on BBC during the Dundee playoff game, stating the clubs "ambition" for the upcoming season.

Even the club themselves mentioned that they were "preparing for a tilt at the SPFL Chqmpionship Title next season" on a website article.

Of course, these things only come out when season tickets are on sale I guess.

19 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I don't think anyone's aimed any criticism towards Dylan Tait at any point, have they? 

There have been a couple of thinly veiled digs at him over the last few pages. Will he be as committed come December etc, which is ultimately something for McGlynn & Smudger to deal with if that’s the case.