The New Raith Rovers Thread

No, I'm sure Tait has far more potential.

Will have to see it fulfilled elsewhere. Meanwhile McGlynn will now have to hunt for a striker and potentially two midfielders in the January transfer window, which is traditionally a shit window to find quality in.

27 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Am I reading this correctly, you're saying Tait has regularly struggled to get into our team? Apart from starting every friendly, cup, league game thus far and whilst I'd need to look back probably started the majority of last seasons games also.

I meant more last season when we had more than 2 centre mids.

I don't know if McGlynn and Smith have any say in the transfer of players but surely their advice should be sought as to the valuation of said players before the sale takes place. I'd like to hear John Sim's reasoning behind the valuations of Callachan and Tait. In the case of Tait how can the price be as low as £100,000 but he's deemed worthy of a 4 year contract at Hibs?

So, what's next? Vaughan out injured for whole season, Tait leaving in January... dislocated shoulder for Jamie McDonald? Gangrene on Brad Spencer's foot? John Sim answering the phone to a wrong number, panicking and selling the club?

1 hour ago, RRPT said:

Utterly pathetic from Raith yet again; why should we bother with the Development Fund if we just give our players away for peanuts?

Now called the Raith Supporters Fund but the aim behind it is the sameish

”contribution to first team playing budget and funding young apprentices,paying bills,medical bills,funding new floodlights,repairing electrical issues,building hubs at the away end,converting portacabin into hospitality etc etc

I dont think JS being ultimately the owner of both club and stadium is healthy

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 hours ago, Paco said:

A four year deal is not something that Hibs are dishing out for someone they’ve signed on a whim. Clearly it’s someone they really wanted and rate highly.

John Sim or a member of the board are going to need to sit down and explain why this is a good deal for the club. The reported fee isn’t nearly enough for a player with three years on his contract, and it is to the public knowledge the very first offer we’ve had for Tait.

If they hide behind ‘undisclosed fee’ permanently it’s safe to assume the £100k figure is accurate. The Bowie fee was officially undisclosed but it wasn’t really kept secret around Stark’s Park that it was £150k up front.

At least you haven’t let him go for nothing like we did. Like Kevin Nisbet and Kyle Turner he came through our youth academy and we never kept them on and been huge successes elsewhere (only by luck and McCalls persuasion have we managed to get Turner back).

though I agree that £100,000 for a highly rated youngster who still has 3 years on his deal is peanuts especially when Hibs look to be selling on guys like Nisbet for a few million and clearly have a bit of cash to spend 

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

At least you haven’t let him go for nothing like we did. Like Kevin Nisbet

We managed that too though.

Pick a way to f**k things up and we've probably managed it.  Well apart from falling for a scam like Hamilton did, although we might just be building up to that.

Edited by SanStarko

1 hour ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
1 hour ago, Wardy said:
The timing of it is the fucking shitter. I think if Hibs came in for him at the start of the summer, got the deal agreed and we got him back on loan, maybe with another player thrown in, I don’t think anyone could have argued too much. but at the eleventh hour and just buckle and agree is a quite hard to take. 

We move on though. No point fucking crying about it. If we had a regular support of 2500+ every single week, transfers like this wouldn’t happen as easily…

Not sure how you can turn this decision on us not getting another few hundred more fans to turn up. As others have said if we are that desperate that we need to sell Tait for £100k at this point then there are much bigger underlying issues that a few more fans wouldn't solve.

To be honest given that football has for the majority of the last year been behind closed doors I don’t think clubs in general attendances in the championship and league one would make much difference.  There may have been some such as hearts getting more income than others because of the size of support from purchases of pay per view but don’t think it would have been a massive difference amongst other clubs

2 hours ago, Raith_Rasta said:

no way it’s a 5% sell on fee. Fully growing men believing that bait 😅😅. It says he’s back till jan at least. Hopefully a loan till the end of the season a full season loan for next season and at least a 33% sell on fee. Will 100k not get us a decent loan with being able to pay a bit more in the loan players wages?

33% sell on you're having a laugh. We will probably see very little in terms of clauses. It's funny that the first club that comes in for him and we again roll over. This should have been a solid NO and if they wanted him that much the negotiation takes place to get the very best deal for our best young player. We should also have negotiated a loan for another Hibs player.

Very disappointing from a club thought were trying to move forward. Instead this shows no ambition and I fear for this season. 

Morton signed 4 players yesterday, we announce our best player is out again for the season and our best youngster is not even ours.

After all the financial support the club received last season, 500k grant, 50k covid grant, 150k Bowie transfer, over 100k from fan donations and season ticket sales and Raith TV contributions I think the club have treated the fans very poorly.

Not a fan of throwing money away in the push for promotion as it usually comes back to bite you on the arse later on. Would much rather the club was run sustainably for the long term. But if Sim was genuinely serious about his top tier ambitions then surely this was the season to try and push on. A strong squad coming off a good season playing great football, no big city club in the league, a great manager in place and surely some form of financial stability from the chunky government grant. Finances may have not been good enough to keep Regan Hendry, but surely holding onto some others was possible. Now looks like the teams been dismantled a bit and it’s start again.