The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Not sure why we can't have a club statement if Tait is NOT leaving. "Following speculation in the media regarding Dylan Tait we can confirm he is and remains a Raith player," type thing.

The club's communications over the last few months have been piss poor so not a surprise they've said nothing about Tait.

Just now, SanStarko said:

The club's communications over the last few months have been piss poor so not a surprise they've said nothing about Tait.

Which is why there has been no statement so far, shitting themselves trying to come with a response as to why we have (potentially) sold our most promising talent to the 1st club to come in and offer pennies.

7 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

It’s always Raith Rovers that seem to go arse over tit. The Hybrid system was working. We go full time and it turns to shit……again

You mean we let one part time player go. The problem here is not the presence or absence of some part timers, but the willingness of the club to allow our bankable talent leave at the drop of the hat for a relative pittance at a time when we should be looking to build a team around them.

Not sure the presence of Keiran MacDonald or Grant Anderson would change that.

29 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

I wonder if it's due to COVID restrictions easing.......

A lot of roles within the club are carried out by volunteers.

Maybe during last season those volunteers were on furlough or able to work from home and could prepare statements/upload content/come up with ideas for new content quickly.  Maybe the reason we are seeing content suffering now is because they are back at work full-time?

I don't know this, I'm just speculating, but it would make sense.

Obviously it doesn't excuse basic things like releasing ticket prices etc either.

Edited by stevoraith

Critics of the Rovers communication can compare ours with communication from Hibs on this.

Oh! Wait!

What have Hibs said about this? Zilch  far as I can see to date. You'd have thought they'd be wanting to tell the world and its dug  about all of its new deals. However, that's not to say something has maybe been done and is as yet incomplete, for whatever reason, which restricts both parties from going public.

41 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I wonder if it's due to COVID restrictions easing.......

A lot of roles within the club are carried out by volunteers.

Maybe during last season those volunteers were on furlough or able to work from home and could prepare statements/upload content/come up with ideas for new content quickly.  Maybe the reason we are seeing content suffering now is because they are back at work full-time?

I don't know this, I'm just speculating, but it would make sense.

Obviously it doesn't excuse basic things like releasing ticket prices etc either.

That's a fair point.  Me saying the communications have been piss poor is a bit harsh really, but it does seem apparent that they're a bit short staffed and struggling to keep everything updated and getting communications out early. 

27 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

The club could nip this in the bud in a few words

As I've already pointed out in my previous post regarding Hibs and it's communication on this, as well as the Rovers communication. You can't nip anything in the bud if  the current state of affairs deems it not possible for whatever reason  for either club to go public and make a comment.