The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yeah I’ve no problem with the club selling him, he’s a good young prospect and we knew when he signed a contract he would be gone before the end of it.

No idea why we are panicking to sell him to the first bidder for £100k though, seems like dreadful business. I would tell Hibs £150k, loan back and Gullan permanent as a minimum. If not, there will be more teams than Hibs watching him and it’s open to a bidding war in January.

The club has not had a great summer off the pitch, this would compound it. All the talk of ‘ambition’ over the summer looks to have been just that, talk. Nothing we have done this summer looks to be moves of a club aiming for the Premier League.

Also, didn’t Sim say in an interview with hindsight he made a mistake selling Callachan when he did and he wouldn’t do it again? Let’s see…

Edited by R.R.FC

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If Bowie was worth £150k, Tait is worth well more than 100k.

I will be raging if this is true.

Yeah I can't see any logic at all in him being valued at less than Bowie. 

That should've been the minimum we dealt at. 

This is a huge test for Sim. He’s done the whole ambition, European football once a generation talk. If he reverts to type and sells one of our key assets for a paltry 100k then it’s just the same old story. We’re a club destined to flirt between Championship and League One.  No amount of Project Inspire talk will paper over those cracks. 

We have no reason to be selling Tait unless we have financial difficulties or we are offered a package we cannot turn down! 

If it is neither then Sim has a lot to answer for and I'd expect the fan base will make them fully aware with their feet which is a worrying scenario! 

What the fk were they talking about a couple of bloody months ago?? Have they lost the plot??

2 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:

We have no reason to be selling Tait unless we have financial difficulties or we are offered a package we cannot turn down! 

If it is neither then Sim has a lot to answer for and I'd expect the fan base will make them fully aware with their feet which is a worrying scenario! 

What the fk were they talking about a couple of bloody months ago?? Have they lost the plot??

Given the way we have done things since the summer it does seem like that

Some laugh this has been watching other clubs bolster their squads whilst we sign no-one. Morton have brought in 4 loanees, three of whom are from EPL sides. 

Meanwhile our best player has his 4th ACL injury and we're desperately hoping we don't sell our best future prospect. 

Investing in the players fund is questionable if club decide to sell now 

Surely making him available to offers would provide the club with a better idea of true value rather than take a potential low offer now.

if funding is so bad then be honest with the supporters - don’t kid on we have aspirations for the premier league when clearly we are looking to only invest in making the stadium an income stream for the owner.

You know I actually felt the club were going places. If this goes through for peanuts then it's clear we've learnt f**k all from all the previous shitey deals we've accepted and are destined to just yo yo our way between the 2nd and 3rd tier forevermore. Sim can fairly talk the talk on all the pie in the sky ideas for the club but means f**k all if we just offload our talent when the first club come sniffing around. Show a bit of baws Rovers for f**k sake min. 

Edited by Raithie