The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

"Highly unlikely" that Rovers will sign anyone according to FFP.

As noted elsewhere, we have Varian, Poplatnik, Keatings and Mitchell right now, plus Zanatta, Connolly, Fotheringham, Tait and Arnott. Coulson and Mahady come back in December. We’ve got the bodies, the question is can JMcG build an attack from them…it is why he gets paid.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Now I think about it I think the extended loan deadline was for league 1 and 2 clubs so even if it is still going its no use to us. 

Extended loans domestic Championship till end September. 

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

As noted elsewhere, we have Varian, Poplatnik, Keatings and Mitchell right now, plus Zanatta, Connolly, Fotheringham, Tait and Arnott. Coulson and Mahady come back in December. We’ve got the bodies, the question I can JMcG build an attack from them…it is why he gets paid.

Out of that lot I doubt anyone other than Zanatta will get near double figures in league goals. 

We might need to be more pragmatic this season now. Keeping clean sheets and hoping to nick a goal is probably our best hope for wins now. 

As noted elsewhere, we have Varian, Poplatnik, Keatings and Mitchell right now, plus Zanatta, Connolly, Fotheringham, Tait and Arnott. Coulson and Mahady come back in December. We’ve got the bodies, the question I can JMcG build an attack from them…it is why he gets paid.
You can't count Mitchell, Coulson or Mahady as Championship level options. They're barely out of school and two of them in L2 for a reason - not ready yet. Arnott is a bit part player at the moment, gaining experience, and whilst he has impressed, he's some way off being a reliable starter. Even Varian remains unproven, although he at least has some level of achievement behind him, albeit elsewhere. JMcG can't rapidly advance the others' development in such a competitive league as the Championship, so there's a difference between bodies and viable options. Keatings is a different proposition. He's clearly not fancied by the management team, so now is the time to get the finger out and show what he's got left. I'd love to be wrong but I don't think it's much.

That's really poor if we're not signing anyone else. There isn't any sort of proven goalscorer in the squad now Vaughan is out. Thought we might still have been in for a cm and wide player too. Surely we could have atleast afforded a couple of loans with the money from the cup run. Another couple of injuries in those positions and we will be in big trouble. 

4 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

That's really poor if we're not signing anyone else. There isn't any sort of proven goalscorer in the squad now Vaughan is out. Thought we might still have been in for a cm and wide player too. Surely we could have atleast afforded a couple of loans with the money from the cup run. Another couple of injuries in those positions and we will be in big trouble. 

Looks like we'll be doing well not to lose anyone, let alone sign folk.

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I can see Tait for cash plus Gullan happening.  Bloody hope not.

At least Drysdale is gone or it'd be a packet of training bibs. Cannae stand in the boy's way, eh. 

I joke. But, seriously, we're fucked if he goes. 

Edited by Michael W