The New Raith Rovers Thread

37 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

I can't be alone in thinking the posts from those claiming to be ITK about Lewis Vaughan's rumoured injury are in incredibly poor taste.

Whether the rumours are true or not, the fact the club or Lewis himself haven't confirmed it shows it as either speculation, or a betrayal of trust from someone who has been told something in confidence.

Shitebag behaviour either way.

If a person saw Lewis hobbling out of Stark’s Park on crutches with a brace on his knee, or similar, if they aren’t part of the club, I guess it’s within reason. Anyone employed with the club should not be leaking information, except at the clubs request, and especially with regard to an injury.

I can't be alone in thinking the posts from those claiming to be ITK about Lewis Vaughan's rumoured injury are in incredibly poor taste.
Whether the rumours are true or not, the fact the club or Lewis himself haven't confirmed it shows it as either speculation, or a betrayal of trust from someone who has been told something in confidence.
Shitebag behaviour either way.

Im not saying its not true, but these things can start from one speculation and the next things it’s Chinese whispers and its spreads like wild fire. Despite the clubs errors, they’ve always communicated serious injuries well either via raith tv or the ffp. Until I hear from an official source I’m taking it as a rumour.

Agreed. Keep yer puss shut in future until we are given info by the club. I could easily ask the gaffer, I say hello if I see him while out walking, but I doubt he'd be happy if he heard it was leaked if it's true.

11 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Im not saying its not true, but these things can start from one speculation and the next things it’s Chinese whispers and its spreads like wild fire. Despite the clubs errors, they’ve always communicated serious injuries well either via raith tv or the ffp. Until I hear from an official source I’m taking it as a rumour.

I think the difference is that all Vaughan's previous ACL ruptures have been during games, so were all public knowledge anyway. 

This one is different and I wouldn't necessarily expect any announcement at all from the club. Most times when someone is injured in training it comes out through the press. 

24 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If a person saw Lewis hobbling out of Stark’s Park on crutches with a brace on his knee, or similar, if they aren’t part of the club, I guess it’s within reason. Anyone employed with the club should not be leaking information, except at the clubs request, and especially with regard to an injury.

It's one thing to say, "I saw player X hobbling out of Stark's on crutches today, doesn't look good"; comepletely different from saying, "that's Vaughan fucked his ACL again". It's that whiff of 'look at me, I know stuff' from the posts I find in poor taste.

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Christ, we posted ticket info for the Forfar game already…maybe the excitement about not getting detail out previously stirred some action!

https://www.raithrovers.net/49811/raith-rovers-v-forfar-spfl-trust-trophy.htm

Some people will have to find something else to moan about this week.

4 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Dunfermline and Ayr look absolutely humpty at the moment.

What are the chances they’ll both be vastly improved by the time we play them in the rearranged fixtures?

I think you already know the answer to this one… hopefully we can get them played ASAP.

On 29/08/2021 at 03:44, philpy said:

IF, and I mean IF the rumours about Lewis are true, Surely we'll have to get another striker in?? Gullan hopefully. 

Doubt it. We have Keatings, Poplatnik and Mitchell at striker. We play one or two at a time, usually one with two wings, and Arnott is already looking a treat at AM as an option if you don’t want Tait there.

26 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Doubt it. We have Keatings, Poplatnik and Mitchell at striker. We play one or two at a time, usually one with two wings, and Arnott is already looking a treat at AM as an option if you don’t want Tait there.

We have Keatings, Poplatnik and Varian. Mitchell at a push, but he's straight out of the youth set up and this is championship level. The first hasn't exactly stepped up to McGlynn's standards yet either. Mitchell and Varian are both kids as well and we are talking about not having an established, experienced player available.

Poplatnik and Varian are the ones you'd play as a number 9, but aside from Vaughan, Keatings is the only other who could remotely play as a proper number 10. 

I know we have, and will again play Tait as the guy behind the striker (which we can't really do until Spencer is fit again anyway) and I agree that Arnott shows a lot of potential. At the same time you can always tell the difference between a midfielder being pushed up and a striker dropping deep, quite apart from Vaughan's undoubted quality. You can't replace him... at the same time a bit more quality up front would be welcome.

1 hour ago, renton said:

We have Keatings, Poplatnik and Varian. Mitchell at a push, but he's straight out of the youth set up and this is championship level. The first hasn't exactly stepped up to McGlynn's standards yet either. Mitchell and Varian are both kids as well and we are talking about not having an established, experienced player available.

Poplatnik and Varian are the ones you'd play as a number 9, but aside from Vaughan, Keatings is the only other who could remotely play as a proper number 10. 

I know we have, and will again play Tait as the guy behind the striker (which we can't really do until Spencer is fit again anyway) and I agree that Arnott shows a lot of potential. At the same time you can always tell the difference between a midfielder being pushed up and a striker dropping deep, quite apart from Vaughan's undoubted quality. You can't replace him... at the same time a bit more quality up front would be welcome.

Fair enough, forgot Varian. With Varian in, we won’t get another.

Fair enough, forgot Varian. With Varian in, we won’t get another.

Something that is very consistent with us under McGlynn is we add players, even when it seems we have spent our budget.
Losing our best player, I think it would be pretty safe to say we will try to add someone. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gullan turning up, now he’s leaving Hibs in search of first team football.

We can't loan Gullan as we already have an over 21 year old in Poplatnik. If we wanted him back, we'd have to buy him. 

If Hibs have told him he's free to go then the latter is not unfeasible, right enough. 

Edited by Michael W