The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

The good news story, and it IS good news, is on the OS - Jamie McDonald contract extension.

Wondering if anyone else noticed that gives us MacDonald, Thompson AND Bow all signed until 2023!?

It is a bit of a luxury in terms of signed squad, so it certainly shows the BoD’s belief in John and the team as being an established Championship side, despite a slow start. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bow out on loan sometime this season.

27 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bow out on loan sometime this season.

Great idea. I reckon Ross Matthews would make a cracking third choice goalkeeper for when we inevitably lose MacDonald and Thomson to injuries.

8 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

Great idea. I reckon Ross Matthews would make a cracking third choice goalkeeper for when we inevitably lose MacDonald and Thomson to injuries.

Except for the fact that we could recall Bow in that circumstance. The traditional Raith goalkeeper crisis is precipitated by one or two signed keepers and declining to provide any backup plan. Oh, and I love playing the young lads, but I’m not sure just how desperate we’d have to be to roll Kyle Bow out for a Championship match!

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Wondering if anyone else noticed that gives us MacDonald, Thompson AND Bow all signed until 2023!?

It is a bit of a luxury in terms of signed squad, so it certainly shows the BoD’s belief in John and the team as being an established Championship side, despite a slow start. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bow out on loan sometime this season.

We are Raith Rovers, remember?

You simply cannot have enough goalkeepers in the squad. 

Random Ayr fan checking in to see if there was any chat about the postponed game and honestly gutted to read the possible news about Vaughan.   Seems to be a panto villian to our fans but he is a tremendous player and comes across brilliantly any time I've heard him - think it was a Pele podcast then a segment on AVFFT.   Fingers crossed the news is good and we can give the lad dugs abuse again in the rearranged fixture in a couple of months.

23 hours ago, Gav_RRFC said:

Thought I should maybe address this. 

Merely passing on word-of-mouth stuff which I thought fellow supporters would like to be aware of sooner rather than later. Perhaps should have kept it to myself in hindsight to avoid any backlash or hate.

It’s obviously not a very nice rumour and pray to god myself that it’s not true!

Wish Lewis nothing but my best wishes,  whatever the outcome of this apparent injury.

Gav , would agree it is probably not apropriate to pass on word of mouth stuff, however I can confirm 100% that his ACL is done again unfortunately, the other knee from his recent scare incidentally.

7 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Random Ayr fan checking in to see if there was any chat about the postponed game and honestly gutted to read the possible news about Vaughan.   Seems to be a panto villian to our fans but he is a tremendous player and comes across brilliantly any time I've heard him - think it was a Pele podcast then a segment on AVFFT.   Fingers crossed the news is good and we can give the lad dugs abuse again in the rearranged fixture in a couple of months.

Yeah, I think the fact that the Ayr match has barely been given a second thought since this news came out speaks volumes. 

Gav , would agree it is probably not apropriate to pass on word of mouth stuff, however I can confirm 100% that his ACL is done again unfortunately, the other knee from his recent scare incidentally.

Lets take Mr 2 posts as gospel…

Whilst rumours about this are flying about, until it’s confirmed by McGlynn we shouldn’t be speculating.

I can't be alone in thinking the posts from those claiming to be ITK about Lewis Vaughan's rumoured injury are in incredibly poor taste.

Whether the rumours are true or not, the fact the club or Lewis himself haven't confirmed it shows it as either speculation, or a betrayal of trust from someone who has been told something in confidence.

Shitebag behaviour either way.