The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Time for him to try part time. Nicky Low mentioned having similar injury problems being full time, maybe do him good. Not the end of the world 

It's potentially the third ACL on one leg. With the best will in the world you wouldn't want to come back from that just to be crippled by a part time labourer. 

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Time for him to try part time. Nicky Low mentioned having similar injury problems being full time, maybe do him good. Not the end of the world 

Nicky Low had a recurring issue in his groin. Lewis Vaughan has (rumoured to) have suffered a fourth ACL injury. Dropping into part time football isn't going to help him if it's an issue which crops up. If it is true, then it's an absolute tragedy of a situation. When you look at how the likes of Shankland and Nisbet have both gone on to get Scotland caps, I've zero doubt that Vaughan could've gone on to have a career at a far higher level than ourselves were it not for the injuries he's suffered. The lad is an utter maestro with the ball at his feet. 

Match day four of the Cinch and we've had a 4-0 win turn into a 4-4 draw, an away loss to Inverness, a Derby which has been abandoned due to a power outage which made us look complete diddies, and a postponement due to our opponents having a COVID outbreak. Now we're chucking in this to the mix. I like the management and I like the squad we've got. I've got very little complaints about how the club is being run at the moment. But you really do have a frustrating feeling that this season can get in the bin already. We really need something to lift us up at the moment. 

Where did this nasty rumour eminate from, if this turns out to be true where does he go from here, as he surely has to retire from the game and how does the club replace such an important player.

Christ he only saw his consultant last week you'd have thought both knees would be checked as well as the initial problem

Fingers crossed Its no true , its just a nasty rumour 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic
Mistake

9 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Ask Gav_RRFC,  it seems to have started with him

Dare I say it, but the fact plenty have seen it and nobody has called it out for being pish is in itself a worrying sign. 

Pretty sure two people on here said they’d heard the rumour separately. Could be from the same fake source obviously. Would love it to be nonsense, but given the history with Lewis I don’t think it is the sort of thing someone would  start rumours about. And even if they did, then I’m pretty sure someone in the know would have posted that it’s pish. Fear the worst. 

Just now, roverthemoon said:

Pretty sure two people on here said they’d heard the rumour separately. Could be from the same fake source obviously. Would love it to be nonsense, but given the history with Lewis I don’t think it is the sort of thing someone would  start rumours about. And even if they did, then I’m pretty sure someone in the know would have posted that it’s pish. Fear the worst. 

Yeah, I think it's one source that's spread through several WhatsApp groups.

34 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Different comment to take focus away from this potential stomach kicker with Vaughan, but Bow got a 2 year contract extension with our usual suspects futures. Anyone seen the lad play?

He got a short term loan back to the Swifts last season, that’s it.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Ask Gav_RRFC,  it seems to have started with him

Thought I should maybe address this. 

Merely passing on word-of-mouth stuff which I thought fellow supporters would like to be aware of sooner rather than later. Perhaps should have kept it to myself in hindsight to avoid any backlash or hate.

It’s obviously not a very nice rumour and pray to god myself that it’s not true!

Wish Lewis nothing but my best wishes,  whatever the outcome of this apparent injury.

4 minutes ago, Gav_RRFC said:

Thought I should maybe address this. 

Merely passing on word-of-mouth stuff which I thought fellow supporters would like to be aware of sooner rather than later. Perhaps should have kept it to myself in hindsight to avoid any backlash or hate.

It’s obviously not a very nice rumour and pray to god myself that it’s not true!

Wish Lewis nothing but my best wishes,  whatever the outcome of this apparent injury.

No backlash or hate intended toward your good self, just wish to god that if this is true, which is looking increasingly like it is . The club should be putting out a statement to that effect

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

No backlash or hate intended toward your good self, just wish to god that if this is true, which is looking increasingly like it is . The club should be putting out a statement to that effect

We're all anxious to know obviously, but the club probably wont make a statement until Lewis has had a scan and the results are known for sure. 

Just got to cross all our fingers and hope for the best. 

We'd need a full-time statement puter-outer if we had to publish one for every rumour kicking around. As it is at the moment, we can't even get all our fans safely into the ground on time. 

Let's just hope and pray here for a bit. 

Edited by pantene proV