The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 hours ago, foreverarover said:

What price were you expecting for the game when a season book is £300 emoji849.png

Probably about what I was charged (for the stream). 

Be nice to know more than 24hrs before kick off, though! 

It's pretty piss poor that there's no info regarding Fridays tickets yet. Happened with the Hamilton game as well iirc.

Our output just now is shocking. Why were the tickets not on sale last week? Is it really beyond us to sell tickets to more than one game at a time? So, so tinpot.

Our output just now is shocking. Why were the tickets not on sale last week? Is it really beyond us to sell tickets to more than one game at a time? So, so tinpot.

You could understand it if it was answering phones and posting tickets out. But it’s done 100% online, nobody needs to do anything other than slap it on the website.

I have no idea at all what is going on at the club at the moment but pretty much everything they’ve done with the return of fans gives off a ‘can’t be arsed’ vibe.

What I find baffling from a marketing stand point is why would you delay putting tickets on sale when we've just beat Aberdeen at home? Surely we should have been right on top of that and cashing in on the buzz everyone will have had from that game? Aye we know when it is, where it is, how much it will cost. We don't know how many tickets are available for home or away fans though and with the game on the BBC it will put alot of people off going if they only have 24 hours or so to actually get a ticket.

Surely it's not pay at the gate? 

I know its on the telly and neither team is setting the league on fire but it's the first Derby with fans since f**k knows when it should have a decent crowd.  So why are we fucking about with 3 days to go and nobody knows what's going on? 

I've even got my daughter up for this and she's never been to a game in her life so I need to strike while the irons hot. 

23 minutes ago, Elnamaw1 said:

Hearts given no tickets for Celtic Park - on that basis unlikely Rovers fans will receive an allocation for the quarter final. Disappointing if that’s the case

Celtic haven't allowed away fans access to the ground, or a stream, since the pandemic began. 

Your only chance of seeing the game is a TV company picks it up and broadcasts it.

They weren't allowing journalists who worked outside of Glasgow papers into the ground last season either.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
35 minutes ago, Scottydog said:
According to the Courier on-line. (Subscribers only)
Fife Elite academy to close as Pars decide to pull out?

I thought it was pretty common knowledge this was happening, but it was also in the match day program yesterday with more details.

Fair doo's but I'm at work (offsahore for the last 2 weeks) and it's the 1st I've heard anything about it.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic haven't allowed away fans access to the ground, or a stream, since the pandemic began. 

Your only chance of seeing the game is a TV company picks it up and broadcasts it.

They weren't allowing journalists who worked outside of Glasgow papers into the ground last season either.

Total nonce behaviour from Celtic. Will Rovers still get some ticket coin from the match? 

Edited by Raith_Rasta

I'd forgotten the game was on Friday, which makes it all the more baffling that tickets aren't on sale. They should've been on sale last week, given the absence of league fixtures this weekend. Maybe the Aberdeen result would've seen a little surge too... 

And I know the game is on tele which will deplete the crowd fairly significantly, but that means we need to be more proactive and get in early. Doing nothing just loses another punter to suffer an evening of Michael Stewart. 

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Absolutely this, last season they were really on it trying to keep the fans involved and also had the begging bowl out. 

The club are really missing a trick here by not keeping it up and there behaviour is pissing people off. 

12 hours ago, Raithie said:

If anyone gets Free Sports (that's basically what it's called) channel on their Virgin/Sky box they are re-showing the entire game at 12pm today. 

Recorded this after seeing your post this morning, so thanks for putting it up. 

Just watched the second half there and I might have to concede it was not a well thought out decision to double down on my pre match comments. 

It looked like the effort we put in was phenomenal and there looked to be some very good individual performances. Old grandad Berra was winning every header and blocking every shot, in particular the late block when Hayes got injured looked like it saved a goal.  You'd have expected that MacDonald would've been required to make a couple of big saves at some point but that never happened.

In midfield I thought Tait looked excellent and while Zanatta's goal owed a lot to the frankly laughable Jack Burr, that desire he showed was something we rarely saw in his first spell with us. I noticed that he said post match that he was annoyed with himself for not following up Connolly's shot a couple of minutes earlier. 

All in all, can we have more of the same for Friday, please?