The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I enjoyed the novelty of being in Away end as well. Think it is a much better view aesthetically speaking, getting to see the Main stand box in the corner, and the section of the Railway stand you see closely is much nicer with the seats in it.

I wondered if having a crowd at both ends would help us 'sook the ball in' at both ends, and could be useful for when away supports are likely lower than 500 odd. 

But, at the same time, when shit was hitting the fan on Saturday, I wondered whether having the home crowd up the other end to draw the play forward and also to reduce the nervy reactions to crosses etc. would have helped us calm down a bit. 

6 and 2 3's, perhaps.

A score prediction for Saturday?

It was really weird seeing fans at both ends of the ground, but I actually quite liked it.

I’m another who was in the McDermid end for a change and quite enjoyed it.
The ground certainly does look nicer from that end.

If we were able to have 1500 fans in each end I’d say keep it.
However, I thought it led to a bit of a reduced atmosphere singing and chanting-wise.

At 4-0 up and playing like Barcelona I would have expected a fair bit of singing etc but, certainly from the north end, that wasn’t the case. If we’d all been in together would it have been different?

That’s the only negative though, was a positive in all other regards I thought.

Are we still not serving any food or drinks? I’m really not sure what the issue is with not offering it. Livi managed it against us, showing us exactly how to do it, yet we are presumably still just telling folk to bring their own.

36 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Are we still not serving any food or drinks? I’m really not sure what the issue is with not offering it. Livi managed it against us, showing us exactly how to do it, yet we are presumably still just telling folk to bring their own.

Still not serving anything.

I know it’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but not serving food or drinks having played in a game where a club did it seamlessly and made lots of money doing so is just shit. The hard work has been done. Phone Livingston and ask about the logistics of doing it. We are trying to attract more people to games. Serve them refreshments ffs. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Armed plod at San Starko... 

IMG-20210802-WA0003.jpg

typical polis ayewis late, the mugging happened on Saturday afternoon!

Edited by Scottydog

Moaned on here last game about the poles (for nets behind the goals) in front of the stands during the League Cup games. So it’s only fair I praise the club for taking them down for the Accies game don’t know if my moaning was a factor 😂.  I have to also add the Steward direction for our section was excellent on Saturday overall the club have done a good job with the Covid situation from RaithTVs excellent coverage last season to the recent matches. Credit where it’s due, it’s alway easy to criticise so it’s only fair to praise. 

8 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Confirmed that full capacity crowds allowed from 9th August. Perfect timing with the derby and then Aberdeen cup tie.

Were you watching / listening to a different announcement? Clubs still need to apply to their LA for crowds over 5,000 (seated) or 2,000 (standing).

Edited by RiG

7 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Confirmed that full capacity crowds allowed from 9th August. Perfect timing with the derby and then Aberdeen cup tie.

Unfortunately, don’t think that’s right.

Still, with a base of 5k before council applications and the last derby in the flesh (at starks) having 6k you'd like to think we can get home and away fans in for this one.

AE58F1B8-0CF4-4F36-84B6-AFAE071297A0.png