The New Raith Rovers Thread

29 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I think the clubs had a bit of a mare with it all this summer. The information which has actually been forthcoming hasn't been put across well. For example this information being put out with less than 24 hours to go before our first league game. The match day ticket pricing wasn't even announced.
II do think that information should have been readily available so that people who have maybe had to tighten their belts etc could have made that decision long before today though.

This

Information/communication has been pretty poor and equally as confusing as both Bungling Boris and our FM 😉

However information given out for supporters for the game tomorrow is much better

Edited by Rovers_Lad

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Thank you for that explanation, but, if I can ask, why did we leave it so late to announce?

Was only sharing the article; my RaithTV work is more on the editing, filming and match day production side… so not sure on the timings of a club announcement.

Edited by Roath Raver

I think the clubs had a bit of a mare with it all this summer. The information which has actually been forthcoming hasn't been put across well. For example this information being put out with less than 24 hours to go before our first league game. The match day ticket pricing wasn't even announced.

Agreed. The club and Raith TV have been given lots of plaudits by us fans over the past 18months in particular for all the things they’ve done well.

It’s only fair that we also speak up and let them know when they’ve not done so well, and the (lack of) pricing announcements for walk up tickets and Raith TV packages definitely falls into that camp.

On the plus side, since Raith TV announced ‘the lounge’ but with no details of what it actually contained there has been lots of speculation and discontent that this would mean lots of the excellent content we currently get for free would be moving behind a paywall.

That would have been a disaster so it’s great to see it confirmed that the highlights and interviews will still be on YouTube.

Have they not put the highlights behind a pay wall? I may have misread it, but that was my take from it earlier.

I'm not bashing raithtv or the work they have done. It's just the communication of it all that could and should have been better. Prices go up, that's fair enough. Not communicating the prices goimg up for match day tickets and waiting to within 24 hours of the first league game for streaming is pretty poor though.

Just re read and seen they are still posting highlights to YouTube.

All summer the club have been very slow with the comms for stuff that matters. Is someone else running this side if things or is it deliberate?

That’s what I wondered. New person that’s taking time to get up to speed?
Or the same person/ team that’s just running out of steam a bit after being absolutely on the ball for the last couple of years?

Either way, the ‘club’ has proven that they know how to do this stuff, I’m sure they’ll take the constructive criticism from this summer on board and get back to doing it well.

I’m chuckling away at the belief from the club there’s going to be people queueing up to pay £5.99 a month to hear stammering interviews about how Ethon Varian relaxes after a match.

At least the highlights aren’t going behind a paywall I guess!

29 minutes ago, Paco said:

I’m chuckling away at the belief from the club there’s going to be people queueing up to pay £5.99 a month to hear stammering interviews about how Ethon Varian relaxes after a match.

At least the highlights aren’t going behind a paywall I guess!

That’s not what £5.99 gets you. The article from the club says…

• audio commentaries of all home games (and as many away fixtures as possible)
  • Full home match video replays (after midnight)
  • Access to our video lounge

So, if you don’t want to buy the PPV, there are some other options available. (£56 on 4 PPVs vs £5.99 for someone who doesn’t attend games).

In terms of exclusive videos in the lounge (I.e. the stuff that won’t also go up on YouTube) there will be full match replays of some away games (where RaithTV can get access) and there will be other exclusive videos as well. If you go on the hub right now you will see the Cowdenbeath game on it. As for the type of stuff RaithTV has put out, in addition to doing preseason interviews with an 18 year old, there are other things that people have spent a long time on (the extended interviews, like Davo’s, and Player of the Year, etc.). 

Edited by Roath Raver

That’s not what £5.99 gets you. The article from the club says…
  • audio commentaries of all home games (and as many away fixtures as possible)
  • Full home match video replays (after midnight)
  • Access to our video lounge
So, if you don’t want to buy the PPV, there are some other options available. (£56 on 4 PPVs vs £5.99 for someone who doesn’t attend games).
In terms of exclusive videos in the lounge (I.e. the stuff that won’t also go up on YouTube) there will be full match replays of some away games (where RaithTV can get access) and there will be exclusive videos as well. If you go on the hub right now you will see the Cowdenbeath game on it. As for the type of stuff RaithTV has put out, in addition to doing preseason interviews with an 18 year old, there are other things that people have spent a long time on (the extended interviews, like Davo’s, and Player of the Year, etc.). 

Fair enough if the lounge is aimed at international subscribers. I was looking at it from a perspective of a season-ticket holder, where streaming/commentary is already built in (I think?) and full match replays will be of limited interest. The ‘bonus’ content will be the only real USP and for people already forking out on season tickets, lotto, 50/50, Players Fund, shirts, away games, etc it seems a bit hopeful to think £5.99 a month for a few extra clips will be of interest to many.

However, as I say, if it’s aimed more at international subscribers then fair enough.

1 minute ago, Paco said:

Fair enough if the lounge is aimed at international subscribers. I was looking at it from a perspective of a season-ticket holder, where streaming/commentary is already built in (I think?) and full match replays will be of limited interest. The ‘bonus’ content will be the only real USP and for people already forking out on season tickets, lotto, 50/50, Players Fund, shirts, away games, etc it seems a bit hopeful to think £5.99 a month for a few extra clips will be of interest to many.

However, as I say, if it’s aimed more at international subscribers then fair enough.

I think that is the thing, if someone is already going to the games, or paying to see it live, it may not seem as attractive to because they don’t get as much for the £5.99. The way I see this is that it is just another option for people for who don’t do these things and/or for those who will really enjoy the exclusive stuff.

I was a season ticket holder since I was 7 but when I was 17 I got a job in retail for 8 years that meant I couldn’t go to games on a Saturday until I moved on. During that time, would I have paid basically £1.50 a week to watch a full match later on as opposed to highlights? Yes, but everyone is different.

Anyhoo, because RaithTV is the official club channel, what’s free and not free are all things that the club decides - and any income generated goes to the club as RaithTV is volunteer based. I can only say that whatever the content and wherever it goes, the folk at RaithTV will try and make the best stuff they can with the resources they have.

I am still in shock. f**k knows how we let that happen. 

The bottom line is that there is no excuse at all for that - we should've had enough to see that out and the blame lands solely on the defence for our failure to. 

Hamilton changed tactics, McGlynn didn't. His subs made us worse. We should have gone 3 at the back seeing as we had 2 centre halfs on the bench. The wingback could have stopped the wingers getting the ball. Stopped crosses. 

It  was a bit o defensive shit, but the subs was, honking.  Has there been a successful loan period with any English topish youth league loan signing? In the Scottish leagues? 
Closest I can think is earnshaw with morton and Rodriguez? With Stirling