The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

clipping (21).jpg

Hopefully Matthews is back sooner rather than later, he is such an important player for us.

Playing 4-2-3-1 with Tait and Spencer as the 2 is okay in games we dominate the ball against lower league opposition like in the league cup. I like them both, they are very good footballers. However, I am a little concerned it leaves us exposed against the better teams in the league without a more defensive minded player in there.

I appreciate they did well together in the home win over Dundee last season but that was followed up by the capitulation at EEP. Will be interesting to see if McGlynn brings in Blaise alongside them to help the defensive side for the game up at Inverness then the derby, as he did for the cup game at Livingston.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Knew it was being shown on Premier. Meant that presumably Premier pay us and Aberdeen for showing it? As opposed to it being a BBC or Alba situation where the club have been paid a single payment at the start of the season and get nothing for individual games. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Not sure how much the club makes on season tickets for RaithTV from non-UK fans but it’s Thursday evening UK time with the first game Sat and no idea what the plans are for watching the team this year.

Yeah, our overall output recently has been really lacking. Did we ever officially announce the walk up prices (of £20), or have they just been announced by way of the tickets being put on sale?

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yeah, our overall output recently has been really lacking. Did we ever officially announce the walk up prices (of £20), or have they just been announced by way of the tickets being put on sale?

Usually there's a statement put out about how much it'll be for each category but there's been nothing this year. I think it's probably partly due to them not really wanting to highlight the increase in walk up prices along with the ever changing advice over football stadia. I know for certain the club have had a lot of negative feedback re the prices of the football but I'm still confident we might get a wee increase in numbers as folk will have missed going out to events and meeting people. 

4 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Presume this isn’t a BBC or Alba situation and we actually get a chunk  of cash for being televised?

1 hour ago, HoustonRover said:

Not sure how much the club makes on season tickets for RaithTV from non-UK fans but it’s Thursday evening UK time with the first game Sat and no idea what the plans are for watching the team this year.

I’m sure I read somewhere a Televised game in the 2nd round you get 26 K + if you lose the 2nd round tie you win approx 47K

Edited by basher brash

42 minutes ago, basher brash said:

I’m sure I read somewhere a Televised game in the 2nd round you get 26 K + if you lose the 2nd round tie you win approx 47K

Probably not enough to make up for the drop off in attendance then unfortunately. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Let’s see…GMT minus 6, 11:30AM, that’s eleven minus six, which Is five, so 5:30AM…b*****ds!

It's OK, you get another half hour in your wankpit.

Sunday 15 August 2021

12:00 Raith Rovers Raith Rovers   v   Aberdeen Aberdeen  
Stark's Park  

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Nothing was ever officially announced,just threw it out there when tickets went on sale for Saturdays game

Walk up prices are not up on official website yet

Haven’t been to any of the friendlies but bought tickets for Saturday.

In the email from the club it says to arrive at your designated time- I didn’t choose a time when purchasing and there’s no time on the pdf tickets.

Have I missed something or is this just a hangover from the friendlies when you did have to specify an arrival time?

12 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Haven’t been to any of the friendlies but bought tickets for Saturday.

In the email from the club it says to arrive at your designated time- I didn’t choose a time when purchasing and there’s no time on the pdf tickets.

Have I missed something or is this just a hangover from the friendlies when you did have to specify an arrival time?

Its a hangover from the friendlies.