Jump to content

The New Raith Rovers Thread


Recommended Posts

We currently have four strikers, in Matej, Lewis, James and Ethon. Gullan is most certainly a very good player but at the same time, it’s a central midfielder that we are in desperate need for. 4 strikers is plenty. 3 centre mids? Not so much. Don’t think having 3 strikers in on loan is very smart. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

 


Eloquently put. Can we all just repost this when this discussion happens next time? Non-accusatory and addresses proper issues without aggravation. Spot on, too.

 

The times when it's been picked up on and mentioned on this thread) that I've seen anyway) the posts haven't been accusayory or racist. The replies from people tend to be the aggressive ones, as shown by the poster a few above. 

 

"woke pish" etc etc. Tade and Ugwu ffs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Frankly, Mr Shankly said:

We currently have four strikers, in Matej, Lewis, James and Ethon. Gullan is most certainly a very good player but at the same time, it’s a central midfielder that we are in desperate need for. 4 strikers is plenty. 3 centre mids? Not so much. Don’t think having 3 strikers in on loan is very smart. 

4 Central mids including Matthews, albeit no idea when he is back.

Wide players? You can probably shunt Keatings out there if need be, and the more often we play a diamond, the less likely we are going to need two at any given time.

Suspect it will be a wide/winger type of player we bring in. Arnott will be filling in for the 15-20 min midfield cameo for the foreseeable I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

The times when it's been picked up on and mentioned on this thread) that I've seen anyway) the posts haven't been accusayory or racist. The replies from people tend to be the aggressive ones, as shown by the poster a few above. 

 

"woke pish" etc etc. Tade and Ugwu ffs. 

Well don't come on a Rovers thread !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, renton said:

4 Central mids including Matthews, albeit no idea when he is back.

Wide players? You can probably shunt Keatings out there if need be, and the more often we play a diamond, the less likely we are going to need two at any given time.

Suspect it will be a wide/winger type of player we bring in. Arnott will be filling in for the 15-20 min midfield cameo for the foreseeable I guess.

Forgot about Arnott. Apologies 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

ie Lets get back to the football, but not before the anti racist racists we have the last word on racism. But lets see who's defensive and racist:

So, if Blaize is compaired to Marv because they're both big guys with a robust playing style – THAT'S RACISM!

But if it's pointed out that say, Kai Kennedy and Dan Armstrong, who are both slight guys and have a quick tricky style of play, that's NOT racism.

Why do “unconscious” or “cognitive biases” come into play in one scenario but not in the other identical scenario? Ah I get it, you've got to point out that the first involve black people. Who's unconsciously biased and racially motivated? Can't you see that it's people like you who are racist, so brainwashed by an arrogant assumption of moral superiority that you're blind to simple fact and logic?

You believe the generalisation “that black players are much more likely to be associated with concepts such as strength, pace and athleticism”,  but it's subtly racist to make that observation - we need to have a “hope of tackling and changing the generality”.  So you claim these racial characteristics exist but if they pertain to black people we are to deny they exist or we're racist ! YOU'RE RACIST FFS

This next bit is what in Burger King is known as a Whopper, with cheese:

Standing “shoulder with RATM” on the current matter, it's your “general experience that those who react angriest and are quickest to dismiss any such possibility are the ones least likely to have understood the nature of the problem“::

RATM: “NO! f**k! OFF! 

BLACK PLAYERS DON'T IMMEDIATELY HAVE TO BE COMPARED TO OTHER BLACK PLAYERS! FOR f**k SAKE! WE ARE NOT DOING THIS AGAIN! 

The blind hypocrisy is boundless.

Give it a fukin rest

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Onto the game, win and we top the group, I've got my ticket to the game, I can understand why many won't go but personally I'm over the fear of the last 20 odd months, enjoyed the game at Central Park but can't wait to get back to San Starko tomorrow, just please wee Jimmy Crankie  let us all in for the game against the townies 😁

Edited by keyser_soze
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would love another centre mid who is a little more forward thinking.

The new fella Blaise seems more of a Wilfred Nanou recycle the ball type (joking). Nah seriously in the short glimpse he seems similar to Spencer in that running beyond the ball isn’t his game.

So yeah Silky Hetherston please.

I also really like the look of the lad from Stoke - can see him doing well for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would love another centre mid who is a little more forward thinking.

The new fella Blaise seems more of a Wilfred Nanou recycle the ball type (joking). Nah seriously in the short glimpse he seems similar to Spencer in that running beyond the ball isn’t his game.

So yeah Silky Hetherston please.

I also really like the look of the lad from Stoke - can see him doing well for us.

I feel the lad from Stoke is just the same type of player as Vaughan and keatings. Ie, wee and ineffective in the air. My issue is of no plan B from the bench.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, foreverarover said:

I feel the lad from Stoke is just the same type of player as Vaughan and keatings. Ie, wee and ineffective in the air. My issue is of no plan B from the bench.

Is he not 6ft tall? McGlynn said in his post match that he won a good few headers after he came on at Livingston. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, foreverarover said:

I feel the lad from Stoke is just the same type of player as Vaughan and keatings. Ie, wee and ineffective in the air. My issue is of no plan B from the bench.

Varian isn't a giant but he's still 6ft tall. Looked pretty strong to me over the two games he has played. 

He's played two games against Premier opposition in two sub appearances where he's had to play with limited time on the ball and back to goal. It will be interesting to see what type of game  he plays when we are able to play further up the pitch.

 

Edited by renton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...