The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

Anyone pick up on McGlynn slipping up saying Gullan instead of MacDonald in his post match interview? Would love him back again, he’s just what we need.

It’s food for thought eh. Gullan would be the best piece of business yet. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

NO! f**k! OFF! 

BLACK PLAYERS DON'T IMMEDIATELY HAVE TO BE COMPARED TO OTHER BLACK PLAYERS! FOR f**k SAKE! WE ARE NOT DOING THIS AGAIN! 

Reminiscent of Marv BECAUSE OF HIS SIZE AND TACKLING, ya woke  virtue signalling b*****d

Edited by Raith_Raver

Edited to add, I think Raith TV commentary likened R-S to Nat  Wedderburn at one point last night which I thought was fair considering his position, build and full on challenging style of play.

Watching Rovers for 40+ years and I can't ever remember us having too many really big guys. So I'm not going to get incandescent with rage over someone likening big Riley-Snow to big Marv, after all I'm struggling to think of many Rovers players of similar hulking and bullish stature particularly in the recent past.

Of course there's Gozie, Nade, Nando and Nat Wedderburn who have a similar physique but other than them I think we have to go all the way to Sparky, Simmons at a push and of course Marvin. Other than those mentioned I'm quite struggling to think of any players (of any creed) who answer to the description. If that's perceived as just more lazy stereotyping then I readily apologise and will be happy to have my failing memory refreshed. 

Berra 's height gives him the appearance of being a bit skinny but as other have pointed out he is a unit too. 

Edited by Scottydog

What links Blaise Riley-Snow, Marvin Andrews, Gozie Ugwu, Christian Nade, Fernandy Mendy and Nat Wedderburn? 

Ah yes, their stature. 

C'mon, man. 

Just once, once, I'd like us to sign a player of colour without people immediately hammering their keyboards to tell us just how much they're reminded of Tony Rougier. 

11 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

That sounds reminiscent of Marv...

I wonder what image sprang to mind for many Rovers fans who have 10+ seasons under their belts. When WMJ penned his description of the BRS challenge I immediately thought of that crunching tackle Marv put in on the Stirling player at the corner of the Railway stand in a play-off game all those years ago.  I’ve seen lots of Rovers players getting hoofed into the air but far less Rovers men who seemed to be capable of doing the same, to be fair I have seen plenty tough tackling Rovers players like Matthews, Simmons, Sinclair and a few more but can only really think of Dennis, Campbell and Andrews who had the solid build to match Wolfie’s description.

6 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Riley-Snow is maybe a bit too tall to be compared to Donald Urquhart. 

Definitely! Dan was a big guy but not exactly tall, nor as I vaguely recall quite as strong in the tackle as some of the others mentioned above.

35 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

What links Blaise Riley-Snow, Marvin Andrews, Gozie Ugwu, Christian Nade, Fernandy Mendy and Nat Wedderburn? 

Ah yes, their stature. 

C'mon, man. 

Just once, once, I'd like us to sign a player of colour without people immediately hammering their keyboards to tell us just how much they're reminded of Tony Rougier. 

You seem determined to see it one way, the comment from WMJ included the description “freight train” in regard to his build.  I asked for other Raith players this could be likened to as I can’t recall very many 6 foot plus examples who were solidly built. Maybe you can give me some examples though.

I had to go back as far as Mark Campbell and Shaun Dennis before I could remember anyone remotely freight train like.

On 20/07/2021 at 23:01, Scottydog said:

I'm predicting some pints of Tennents in the HB at 5pm on Sat 😉

Is going to the Harbour Bar to drink Tennents like ordering a fillet steak well done? 

Hellish news about Nick Bromfield, the proprietor of the Harbour Bar. Really nice guy. RIP. 

46 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Ah yes, their stature. 

C'mon, man. 

I paid the guy a compliment and you turned into a racist insult. It's arseholes like you looking for offenses on other folks' behalf that's turned society on it's head with arrogant politically correct false values.

44 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Ah yes, their stature. 

C'mon, man. 

Tut tut. 

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

I paid the guy a compliment and you turned into a racist insult. It's arseholes like you looking for offenses on other folks' behalf that's turned society on it's head with arrogant politically correct false values.

We’ve had our ups and downs. But well  said. These people see racism in everything. They bide  their time, and wait for the right time to strike. Then their clique join in with a tirade of leftist mouth foaming. That’s why Bring Back the Twa Hoops disappeared. He said something they don’t like and by god the venom and hatred the guy got was disgusting. Malcolm X once said never ever trust White Liberals.