The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Hardest two games to come, but  if we can win one of them, then it’d probably see us in second place and on 9 points at worst. With a decent goal difference then it’d probably be enough to see us through.

That said, if results go as expected and we lose to Livi and Alloa beat Brechin midweek then its four teams on 6 points and a final day shoot out. 

We’re more than capable of beating and losing to both teams but I’d be disappointed if we can’t win one of the two games to have a great shot at the next round.  The League Cup is pretty much glorified friendlies the first two games and then go for it if you’ve won both.  Any word on tickets and numbers for Livingston on Wednesday? Unless I’ve missed them. 

Can confirm Ando still leaps like a salmon. 

Took in the Brora v Forfar game today up at Dudgeon Park to tick it off the list and had a good chat with Grant on the sidelines while snapping the game. 2021_0717_17025400.thumb.jpg.c52d316240b1638d5576a05974a8cf00.jpg

2021_0717_17040700.thumb.jpg.5121c0b9e88c1bd2442393d93d812671.jpg

A familiar face in Wayne Henderson in the dugout too. 

Edited by Martin

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I, like most others on here, have slated Davidson's disciplinary record over the years, but I'll maybe wait to see what happened before passing judgement, given his last two red cards for the Rovers were a sick joke (Todorov playacting and no contact against Hearts, which was later rescinded). 

It was a straight red for a foul, therefore it might have been a case of taking one for the team. 

From the Brechin Thread:

“I take it you haven’t seen the incident because that’s pretty unfair on Davo. Michael Paton played a terrible ball straight to a Cowdenbeath player and he had pretty much no option but to put a challenge in or it was a certain goal. Paton was totally to blame for it.”

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Fernandy Mendy teasing that he’s got a new deal with a Scottish side, but not saying who. 

I sincerely hope it’s a team I don’t mind, since they’ll have to become my second team on his arrival. Hope he does well!

I've put 2 and 2 together and got 5. His tweet has an emoji of two crossing swords as does the Albion Rovers badge.

Delighted he'll be back in Scotland for at least another season. Hopefully he can get back along to Starks Park at some point. It's weird, he played probably less than 25 games for the club but he seemed to just "get it". He came in a compete unknown and threw himself head first into Scottish football.

Good to see Mendy has another club here in Scotland, interesting to see who it is. Came across as a guy who just had a good attitude, didn’t work out for him here but he took the chance to move to Scotland when we offered it so hopefully it works out for him at his next club. For a lad who didn’t play that many games he certainly managed to win over a lot of fans.  Best of luck Nando welcome back anytime. 

With a good run in a team at l1, l2 level Nando should shine. A good guy and does have everything required to have a good career. Obviously don't know where he's going but quite surprised that he hasn't ended up at Kelty already. Seemed to do well with them althoughFerguson isn't in charge there anymore.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

Certainly a conformation that our style is attracting interest from talent looking to be seen.

Worry that Spencer and the new fella are very similar in terms of recycling the ball and sitting deeper. We were always going to miss Regan but felt the new fella was taking the space that Brad would generally hold and subsequently Brad tried to play further forward and it doesn’t suit him

1 minute ago, HoustonRover said:

Worry that Spencer and the new fella are very similar in terms of recycling the ball and sitting deeper. We were always going to miss Regan but felt the new fella was taking the space that Brad would generally hold and subsequently Brad tried to play further forward and it doesn’t suit him

But he did score 2 goals albeit against Brechin by getting further forward? 🤷‍♂️ Granted the new guy wasn’t playing but still..