The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, grumswall said:
19 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:
We could get a proper telling, here. Hibs look really sharp.

Iv been reliably informed this is only their second friendly. Kind of shows the gulf between where we are and where we will be in a few seasons...

They've already beaten the Pars and Arsenal so they've played at least two. 

I actually thought we were pretty decent between the first and second goals tbh. Had the better of the play.

Hibs are several levels above us in the final third though. Very slick and clinical when they get in the positions.

Just now, R.R.FC said:

I actually thought we were pretty decent between the first and second goals tbh. Had the better of the play.

Hibs are several levels above us in the final third though. Very slick and clinical when they get in the positions.

Agreed. I'm not sure they had a chance in that time. In fact, Boyle's just had a chance turned away by Liam Dick but other than that I think they've scored the three times they've had efforts at goal. 

I know we were always likely to get a chasing, but Thomson doesn't really inspire much confidence, does he? 

Despite the scoreline, don't think we've been all that bad, at least middle to front. Some decent patterns of play, and moving the ball well.

First goal is inexcusable. Think it's Poplatnik (who otherwise has played really well) who loses Porteus. 

Second goal, I guess there is no shame in Bene getting rumbled by a Scotland Cap like that, but wonder if he would have tried that in a league game. Thompson inspires zero confidence. His reaction was like network lag on a game of Fifa.

Third was pretty easy to cut through us in wide positions and very good finish.

Still, we got a good goal and have had some good moves up top, unlucky to go in two down in terms of Vaughan's chance at the end there.

5 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Nisbet seems to have turned into a bit of a dick. Moaning at ref, claiming for everything.

As a Hibs fan I can confirm he’s always been a dick, since I’ve been aware of him anyway.

Gutted I’m not there tonight, had to sell my tickets due to picking up the old covid, isolation doesn’t end until Sunday so a home draft pint in front of the telly has to replace a trip to The Duchess/The Novar for me.

Similar to last season our attacking players look good but our defensive players incredibly shaky. Would like to see more of Steven Bradley this season, was good against Arsenal too, could be an exciting young player, also may end up at Edinburgh City, who knows?

Impressed with Dylan Tait on the Rovers side, few nice touches, seeing a bit of Dylan McGeouch energy about him.