Jump to content

The New Raith Rovers Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Watcher of the Raith said:

Ends in June 2022. Great insight though……

 

Not sure what this means…it’s July and his MA contract is up in June 2022…so…

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

…with his Apprenticeship ending In June…

Not sure how this was wrong.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

What sort of player is he?  

 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

No one knows as he's barely, if at all,  kicked a ball for us. 

Unfortunately sums it up. He’s a big lad, and despite lacking stature last year we very seldom gave him any playing time. That being said, he’s spent the last year practicing with players who will have passed on valuable lessons and insights, so perhaps he’ll be useful to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:


What makes this anymore interesting than normal?
It’s almost definitely a 4-2-3-1.

Which is depressing news. We weren’t particularly productive with that formation on Saturday, and previous to that we had Vaughan and Keatings up top together, and showed some nice push forward. 1 forward was a ball and chain last year, I certainly hoped to see a bit more attacking nous this year. Now, having said that, we’ll probably shell them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Which is depressing news. We weren’t particularly productive with that formation on Saturday, and previous to that we had Vaughan and Keatings up top together, and showed some nice push forward. 1 forward was a ball and chain last year, I certainly hoped to see a bit more attacking nous this year. Now, having said that, we’ll probably shell them.

More attacking nous than when? Last season when we were banging 5 goals in against half the league?

We played well on Saturday. That would have almost certainly been a defeat in previous years as we don’t beat teams in this cup.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:


More attacking nous than when? Last season when we were banging 5 goals in against half the league?

We played well on Saturday. That would have almost certainly been a defeat in previous years as we don’t beat teams in this cup.

Last season we were very seldom in any position to deploy any of our younger players to get experience, especially after the first go around the league. We won by more than one goal once in March and April, and six times between late October and February. After Duku cooled off we ground out wins and draws. We played acceptably versus Cowdenbeath, but very nearly ended up with a draw for all the good work we did because we showed little threat.

Edited by TxRover
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Last season we were very seldom in any position to deploy any of our younger players to get experience, especially after the first go around the league. We won by more than one goal once in March and April, and six times between late October and February. After Duku cooled off we ground out wins and draws. We played acceptably versus Cowdenbeath, but very nearly ended up with a draw for all the good work we did because we showed little threat.

Please belt up about the fucking youngsters, christ almighty min. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Please belt up about the fucking youngsters, christ almighty min. 

“The New Raith Rovers Thread”…can’t see a “*Na talk o weans”. Where do you think Bowie and Tait came from, for a start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else starting to get the feeling we might actually get out of the group for the first time ever? Beat Alloa and then Livi is essentially a free hit? Maybe I’m being too optimistic…

Is it top 2 that go through? Or top and best placed 2nd place?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, buchan30 said:


Is it top 2 that go through? Or top and best placed 2nd place?

Quote

Knock-out rounds
The eight group winners and three best runners-up progress to the second round, where they are joined by the five clubs competing in European competitions - Rangers, Celtic, Hibernian, Aberdeen and St Johnstone, who are also the cup holders.

Premier Sports Cup Format | SPFL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...