The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There hasn't been nearly enough said about the pass by Tait (?) to set Tumilty away in the first half. At 1.21 in the highlights.

Ay, it’s Tait in those pink boots. Very nicely weighted through pass it was, and nicely crossed back in by Reghan too. It bodes well if Tait is growing into a sharper passer, as he seems to have a decent nose for opportunity. We just need him to avoid those silly yellows this year.

By the same token, Tumilty and Vaughan at 1:45-1:53 is very nice too.

On the crowd, I think that until its not a massive hassle, crowds will be lower than they would be otherwise. 

For myself yesterday, I was not sure I could go until the day of the game. Went to buy a ticket and the South stand, where my mates were sitting, and it was sold out. So I wasn't going to sit in the North Stand myself. Also, travelling from Glasgow after work on trains meant that I would have relied on getting a scran in the ground, again, not an option. 

Add to that the staggered timings and sitting in the ground an hour before kick off with no snack bar etc. is not a very appealing prospect.

I would be pretty confident crowds will return to 'normal' when crowds are allowed to attend like 'normal'. 

ETA: I also bought a stream last night - and I imagine a fair few others would have too. So the 'attendance' cash would not be as low as the physical attendees. 

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

The other way to look at it is if this was pre COVID would we have had less than 600 last night? Probably not (purely on the assumption it was capped at 1000). From checking the online ticket booking system yesterday the south stand was sold out so suspecting that was about 500 and 94 between the north and railway stand to take it to 594 seems about right. There were actually a few Rovers fans in the railway stand as well and I suppose nothing stopping you buying a ticket for there even if you weren't a Brechin fan. 
Fair enjoyed the change of scenery last night being in the north stand I must admit. 
There were 62 away fans that I counted. So thats just over 500 home fans. Pretty poor if the home end was sold out.

On the crowd, I think that until its not a massive hassle, crowds will be lower than they would be otherwise. 
For myself yesterday, I was not sure I could go until the day of the game. Went to buy a ticket and the South stand, where my mates were sitting, and it was sold out. So I wasn't going to sit in the North Stand myself. Also, travelling from Glasgow after work on trains meant that I would have relied on getting a scran in the ground, again, not an option. 
Add to that the staggered timings and sitting in the ground an hour before kick off with no snack bar etc. is not a very appealing prospect.
I would be pretty confident crowds will return to 'normal' when crowds are allowed to attend like 'normal'. 

ETA: I also bought a stream last night - and I imagine a fair few others would have too. So the 'attendance' cash would not be as low as the physical attendees. 
The issue I have is when I ordered it was 7pm entry slot was the closest to kick off. Sod sitting there for that time without a coffee and a pie. The joke was the guys selling programmes. If that's not the covid risk then what the f**k is. I'm expecting the food counters to be open after Monday.

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
3 hours ago, Raithie said:
The other way to look at it is if this was pre COVID would we have had less than 600 last night? Probably not (purely on the assumption it was capped at 1000). From checking the online ticket booking system yesterday the south stand was sold out so suspecting that was about 500 and 94 between the north and railway stand to take it to 594 seems about right. There were actually a few Rovers fans in the railway stand as well and I suppose nothing stopping you buying a ticket for there even if you weren't a Brechin fan. 
Fair enjoyed the change of scenery last night being in the north stand I must admit. 

There were 62 away fans that I counted. So thats just over 500 home fans. Pretty poor if the home end was sold out.

There maybe were 62 in the railway end but not all were away fans. There were folk wearing Rovers scarfs so clearly no issue buying tickets for whatever stand and getting in. 

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

The issue I have is when I ordered it was 7pm entry slot was the closest to kick off. Sod sitting there for that time without a coffee and a pie. The joke was the guys selling programmes. If that's not the covid risk then what the f**k is. I'm expecting the food counters to be open after Monday.

Simple, turn up when you wish. Our group went in 5 mins before KO. Nothing said by stewards. There were also at least 20 folk in the bog at half time much more than what was queuing to get in when we rocked up. Christ at the height of the pandemic there were bigger queues to get into Asdas if the staggered entry times are concerns about folk queuing up. 

Personally I’ve not really ever taken an interest in the betfred /premier cup because we have had practically the same teams in our group in the last few years however if we progress through the group stages I’ll certainly be at starks but I still purchased the game pass last night . As for the league I can’t wait season ticket purchased again and can’t wait to be back at San starko 

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

Personally I’ve not really ever taken an interest in the betfred /premier cup because we have had practically the same teams in our group in the last few years however if we progress through the group stages I’ll certainly be at starks but I still purchased the game pass last night . As for the league I can’t wait season ticket purchased again and can’t wait to be back at San starko 

Same. I now treat this cup like I would pre-season friendlies. If we ever get out these group stages then the competition may peak my interest again. I went to Cowdenbeath on Saturday but I had other stuff on last night. If we had Livi at home I’d probably venture down, but we keep drawing them away.

I’ve bought a season ticket for the league games as usual. 

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Same. I now treat this cup like I would pre-season friendlies. If we ever get out these group stages then the competition may peak my interest again. I went to Cowdenbeath on Saturday but I had other stuff on last night. If we had Livi at home I’d probably venture down, but we keep drawing them away.

I’ve bought a season ticket for the league games as usual. 

Think most clubs outside the Premiership treat it like extended Preseason friendlies in the first two games and if they’ve  won them then they take a slight interest.  I’d actually fancy our chances of getting out it this time as we’ve got Alloa at home and they’re clearly still adjusting to how Barry Ferguson wants them to play. Livingston will be a tough game but should give us an indication of where we are as a team, we definitely need a few more bodies in though.  How many loan players are we allowed these days? 

Edited by San Starko Rover

2 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

Using the foolproof method that gave away Liam Dick. 

Kai Fotheringham at Dundee United and Ethan Varian at Stoke have both recently followed us on Twitter.

Definitely means they're signing imo.

I expect that like most sensible folk, they are just Rovers daft.

Varian seems to be a centre forward. Looks like he has a decent build so could be something different to what we have at the moment.

Fotheringham was at Falkirk on loan last season so it makes sense for his development to step up a level this season.

Varian seems to be a centre forward. Looks like he has a decent build so could be something different to what we have at the moment.
Fotheringham was at Falkirk on loan last season so it makes sense for his development to step up a level this season.
2 x 18yr olds. Not quite what I had in mind.

7 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
39 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

2 x 18yr olds. Not quite what I had in mind.

Totally, we need experience. Just not the usual journeymen

43 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Varian would be a near twin of Mitchell, so I’m not convinced. Fotheringham was less than a massive success at Falkirk and may not be ready for this level, especially when you then compare to Arnott or Coulson.