The New Raith Rovers Thread

That was absolutely excellent yesterday. Everything about it almost felt like pre-Covid normality! Day out at the football with my pals, in the sun with Rovers winning. It was great!

And as always the win made the Saturday night beer’s taste that bit better.

5 hours ago, mealsonwheels said:

I would expect a centre mid signing but still hopeful for a target man and another winger. 

Whats everyone's thoughts?

Center mid is a given.

Target man, I’m not sure, with Poplatnik in, Mitchell being praised and Mahady available, in addition to Keatings and a sharp Vaughan.

Winger, Zanatta and Connolly are looking pretty decent, plus Coulson and Vaughan plays wide on occasion, but, yea, we’ll likely see another in.

The third may well be an AM or a second CM.  With the worries about Matthews, Tait fondness of yellows, and only Arnott and Spencer otherwise, just a CM may not be enough. An AM could cover wing and mid, so maybe only two signings if we go that way, but most likely seems a CM, CM/AM and Winger…but I wouldn’t expect a high profile loanee as our starting spots are pretty well spoken for.

Edited by TxRover

Great to see everyone back at the match yesterday and a decent turn out. Weird atmosphere it’s like fans have forgotten how to sing or chant 😂. The young lads were doing their best with their drum but didn’t seem to get going. Can’t say it was a great game but we won and that’s what counts. Think we still need a couple more players so hopefully the Gaffer has something lined up. Thought Cowdenbeath did alright and were unlucky not to nick a goal but on the balance a win was probably deserved. 

Great day out a few beers in Wee Jimmy's a bit of sad news though the old guy that used to sit at the top end of the bar passed away. I used to have a great chat with him going to and coming back from the gents. The game itself was good to watch although another one or two goals for us would have been nice, but fair do's to Cowden they certainly didn't lie down and kept fighting for the 90 minutes. But a wins a win and am looking forward to Tuesday night. Disappointed no pies at the game.

45 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What was the deal with the snack bar being open? I thought that wasn’t allowed?

Could argue same for entry time slots (there wasn't any) and social distancing on the terraces (there wasn't any). Was great to be back to some normality even if it was Central Park.

On 10/07/2021 at 20:45, Ro Sham Bo said:

2 or 3 should be enough to keep us away from trouble at the foot of the table but I think we'd need another couple to have us up in promotion contention. 

It's a bit annoying to hear McGlynn talking about the praise we got from The Rangers to then see Kennedy and the lad Williamson who was at Arbroath seemingly heading to Dunfermline. 

Williamson is meant to be coming to us still, was out training with us in Malaga, then went back to Sevco for a pre season game to get some time with their squad before coming back to us for the league starting. Our first game is away at Ibrox right enough so he wont be allowed to play against his parent club. Rangers youngster Williamson agrees to join Livingston - Sources (footballinsider247.com)

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Williamson is meant to be coming to us still, was out training with us in Malaga, then went back to Sevco for a pre season game to get some time with their squad before coming back to us for the league starting. Our first game is away at Ibrox right enough so he wont be allowed to play against his parent club. Rangers youngster Williamson agrees to join Livingston - Sources (footballinsider247.com)

And there it is, announced on our OS today. 

Livingston FC is delighted to announce the loan signing of Scotland U21 midfielder Ben Williamson (@benwilliamsonnn) on a season-long-loan from Premiership champions @RangersFC.

45 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

And there it is, announced on our OS today. 

Livingston FC is delighted to announce the loan signing of Scotland U21 midfielder Ben Williamson (@benwilliamsonnn) on a season-long-loan from Premiership champions @RangersFC.

Preferable to Dunfermline at least. 

I think it’s because it’s outside where as our snack bars are on the concourse but don’t quote me on that. 
Well why don't we close off the outside concourse to the stand at kickoff and have the stand closed off to allow its use with a snack van outside. It's simple really.

30 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Well why don't we close off the outside concourse to the stand at kickoff and have the stand closed off to allow its use with a snack van outside. It's simple really.

Or just make sure you're fed and watered before going to the game or bring your own scran into the ground.