The New Raith Rovers Thread

Does the away kit having white stripes (large % of white) impact on when we visit Eastend and Rugby Park, and to some extent New Douglas Park and even Cappielow?

As for the kit, I’m not too fussed, but thenI’m probably not the best person to ask as the only away kit I’ve liked in recent times was the McCraes Battalion kit.

5 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Lots of people saying they wanted something different for the away strip, something jazzy and out there. Club has delivered on that score , think it will sell well especially with the youngsters. I won’t get it but both kits this season are better than last years IMO 

93D4D653-997C-4C0D-BC23-F6563BB98FA9.jpeg

23 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:

Not a fan.

E5w1WlsXsAYQOEB.jpeg

It’s better than the yellow ones. I fucking hate the yellow ones. They are never a nice shade of yellow. The grey/silver one was shit too and the washed-out pink one.

Red or white are acceptable to me. 

In recent years the home tops have been more attractive. I wasn’t a fan of the league winning top but with hindsight that’s one of the most attractive home tops we’ve had. A real classic.

I’m a big fan of Scotland away tops that are yellow too. It’s just a matter of getting the right shade of yellow. We should just copy the Scotland top ‘yellow’ colours. The sponsors logo can make a big difference too. A big bonus of Scotland tops is that you’re not walking about with a sponsor plastered on the front.

Edited by Scary Bear

15 hours ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

I actually like it and I'm never really a fan of red and white stripes.

Just as well as we don't have them

13 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Does the away kit having white stripes (large % of white) impact on when we visit Eastend and Rugby Park, and to some extent New Douglas Park and even Cappielow?

I'd doubt it as the stripes are pink !!

2 hours ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

We have 17 first team players, alongside 6 YA. Surely need more than 5 first team backups?

Of course we do.

At the moment we are likely needing to play a 4-4-2 tomorrow with two out and out wingers and a pairing of Spencer and Tait in the middle because that's the players we've got fit.

2 hours ago, renton said:

Of course we do.

At the moment we are likely needing to play a 4-4-2 tomorrow with two out and out wingers and a pairing of Spencer and Tait in the middle because that's the players we've got fit.

4-3-3 or 4-4-2 likely. Once McKay is healthy enough to start, the 3-2-3-2 or 3-2-2-3 becomes viable. I agreewe need a mid or two, but my $0.02 for Cowdenbeath:

MacDonald

Tumilty/Bene/Berra/Young

Connolly/Spencer/Tait

Poplatnik/Keatings/Vaughan

Thats the 4-3-3…for 4-4-2, add Zanatta wide of Tait with Keatings or (probably) Poplatnik on the beach and coming in at the 62 minute mark for the other.

17 minutes ago, TxRover said:

4-3-3 or 4-4-2 likely. Once McKay is healthy enough to start, the 3-2-3-2 or 3-2-2-3 becomes viable. I agreewe need a mid or two, but my $0.02 for Cowdenbeath:

MacDonald

Tumilty/Bene/Berra/Young

Connolly/Spencer/Tait

Poplatnik/Keatings/Vaughan

Thats the 4-3-3…for 4-4-2, add Zanatta wide of Tait with Keatings or (probably) Poplatnik on the beach and coming in at the 62 minute mark for the other.

You can't seriously be suggesting playing Connolly in a middle 3...

Gk- Jammer

Right back-Tumilty 

CB - Bene

CB- Berra

Left back - Young 

Centre mid - Tait

Centre mid - Spencer

Att Mid - Vaughany 

Left wing - Zanatta 

Right wing - Connolly 

Striker - Keatings 

4-2-3-1 as we played the majority of last season and in pre season thus far. 

20 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Buzzing for the game. Would normally swerve this competition but looking forward to getting back to a Raith game. 

Hoping it stays dry, that plenty pints are had, that we get a result with our mskeshift team, and that neither ex Rover scores !

Three ex-Rovers - Craig Barr, Bobby Barr and Liam Buchanan.

E8A839E3-32C0-4AFC-8528-46FA83334999.png

Edited by Scary Bear

2 hours ago, renton said:

You can't seriously be suggesting playing Connolly in a middle 3...

Yes, against Cowden or Brechin, sure…or Coulson/Arnott.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Is Liam Dick still injured?

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

I'm guessing he is seing as we've signed young.

JMcG didn’t address Liam’s condition in the pre-match interview, but with him being rested last week for a little tenderness in the repaired knee after his first outing, two quick matches, and our signing a (young) LB, I’d say he won’t play at least one of the two matches.

Edited by TxRover