The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Absolute scenes tonight in Tx’s hoose.

Not with that Matthews note tucked at the bottom there. But it does reduce the pressure to sign Young, as McKay could play RCB and Bene could cover LB, if Dick is not risked versus Cowdenbeath.

7 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

clipping (19).jpg

The news about Mathews really is a b*****d. He is the type of player that (barring this kind of strange freak problem) I would see as robust enough to play almost every game. He is so key to our midfield as well. Adds steel, uses the ball pretty well and makes really cutting third man runs beyond the striker (he has scored a fair few goals doing this, and its something once you notice it you see how much of a problem he causes for opposition defensive shapes and how much of an asset it is for creating space in and around the box, even if the pass doesn't come his way). Hoping the solve it quickly, once and for all - him being fit for the majority of the season could make a 2/3 place difference in where we finish. 

If Matthews is out for a period of time, then we need a permanent new CM. Or McGlynn needs to speak to his contacts at Celtic for a loanee. I know it’s not as easy as that as every team is strengthening. Our brand of football should be a selling point to potential players. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Matthews is a blow alright. We now need to sign at least 1 midfielder as a priority if he's going to be out. 

We probably needed to anyway.

50 minutes ago, spot on said:

Tomorrow at midday for the away strips launching

Based on the teaser picture in the tweet, we reckoning a silver/grey effort to complete the 08/09 vibe?

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I think the picture has been greyscaled, to limit the tease. 

Agree it was greyscaled, but a grey/silver/while wouldn’t be terrible.

8 minutes ago, spot on said:

Can’t see it being red as it will clash with training gear although an Athletico Madrid style red / White stripe would look smart. A non red / blue / white strip I think 

Looking through the various Joma off the shelf stuff, it looks like a variation of the Supernova design, with straightened lines. Considering last year’s effort, perhaps a very pale blue on white that was darkened when greyscaled?

51 minutes ago, spot on said:

Can’t see it being red as it will clash with training gear although an Athletico Madrid style red / White stripe would look smart. A non red / blue / white strip I think 

Do you mean Atlético Madrid ?… Or Athletic Club ? 

I always think we really miss a trick with the away strip by making it really safe. Partick Thistle have nailed it a few times by just making their away strip a completely off the wall effort. I’d be far more likely to buy something that was gold with purple and pink trim with a rainbow on the sleeve and a kaleidoscope design on the back than a safe white and blue effort that’s basically a reverse of the home strip. For me, we need to make the away strip something that grabs people’s imagination, and accept that it’ll divide opinion. But what do I know? f**k all.