The New Raith Rovers Thread

Or you could always just turn and say

"how many do you think we'll win by today?" seems like a solid ice breaker? Unless you're some sort of social retard?

Joking of course but you get my drift..

I tried it on the way to Morton for the lst game of the season where the bus was packed, the guy was having none of it, he answered my question then just turned and looked out the window again without even asking my answer or opinon.

I tried it on the way to Morton for the lst game of the season where the bus was packed, the guy was having none of it, he answered my question then just turned and looked out the window again without even asking my answer or opinon.

Maybe it's you,

or your halitosis.......

;)

I take care of my hygeine. Thank you very much.:P

Not as much could be said about the guy I was sitting next too... :green

:D

I think the worst I've had in my bus was picking up the KDY tartan army from the airport (I think it was after the Georgia or Macedonia game a couple of years ago)

16 guys who had been living in their kilts & Scotland tops for 4 days in a heatwave. Rancid!

:D

I think the worst I've had in my bus was picking up the KDY tartan army from the airport (I think it was after the Georgia or Macedonia game a couple of years ago)

16 guys who had been living in their kilts & Scotland tops for 4 days in a heatwave. Rancid!

im sure Shug could still compete against that :lol:

Upbeat view of Rovers' chances in the season ahead.

Have to agree with that article. I've not had the opportunity yet to see us play pre-season and wont do so until Berwick Rangers in the League Cup a week on Saturday but by all accounts we have had a solid pre-season.

There is the mention of more pace. To be fair to McGlynn he did bring in some players with pace but either never seemed to utilise them property or they just failed spectacularly (Scott McBride take a bow son!). Also McGlynn did bring in Thompson, Malone and Anderson so credit has to be given there. However Murray seems to be using them much better judging by the post match reports on here and in the papers.

I said it before he left and I'll stick by it...Iain Davidson going to Dundee will be a blessing. From what I saw last season and what I've heard thus far Callachan is more than capable from taking over and progressing further than Davidson ever did.

I'd expect a few loan signings in as well, probably from Hearts, but maybe from Dundee Utd too judging by Peter Houston's interview on the website.

I'd be delighted with a solid mid-table finish this season, with the odd brilliant result thrown into the mix. It's been a while since we had a season where we weren't involved in a tussle at either end of the table.

Finally any further word of the trialist from Saturday?

Have to agree with that article. I've not had the opportunity yet to see us play pre-season and wont do so until Berwick Rangers in the League Cup a week on Saturday but by all accounts we have had a solid pre-season.

There is the mention of more pace. To be fair to McGlynn he did bring in some players with pace but either never seemed to utilise them property or they just failed spectacularly (Scott McBride take a bow son!). Also McGlynn did bring in Thompson, Malone and Anderson so credit has to be given there. However Murray seems to be using them much better judging by the post match reports on here and in the papers.

I said it before he left and I'll stick by it...Iain Davidson going to Dundee will be a blessing. From what I saw last season and what I've heard thus far Callachan is more than capable from taking over and progressing further than Davidson ever did.

I'd expect a few loan signings in as well, probably from Hearts, but maybe from Dundee Utd too judging by Peter Houston's interview on the website.

I'd be delighted with a solid mid-table finish this season, with the odd brilliant result thrown into the mix. It's been a while since we had a season where we weren't involved in a tussle at either end of the table.

Finally any further word of the trialist from Saturday?

Also seems that we are finally starting to see some good young players come through, Callaghan and Laidlaw have both been very good in the Hearts game and also from the other reports and highlights ive seen. Donaldson had a fairly solid season despite being played out of position last season and Wilson made good use of the game time he has as well

Nah he won't. My bro films the games for Raith tv, the guy was a friend of Berts. Used the game against united for fitness only. A favour if you like.

What does a 10-15 minute runout do for anybodies fitness?

Why would Bert give a "neebour" a favour in only his 2nd game in charge?

And why all the secrecy about who the guy is?

No offence Wardy but unless the guy is a lifelong Raith fan from wealthy stock, and offered the Rovers some cash to be a trialist in order to play at Starks then that doesn't ring true for me.

To be honest the guy didn't even do much, right or wrong.

Nah he won't. My bro films the games for Raith tv, the guy was a friend of Berts. Used the game against united for fitness only. A favour if you like.

That would suggest he was some reasonably 'big name' like he's been playing in the SPL or something and considering nobody recognises him I highly doubt this was the case. I could be wrong though.

That would suggest he was some reasonably 'big name' like he's been playing in the SPL or something and considering nobody recognises him I highly doubt this was the case. I could be wrong though.

ok il confess it was me :ph34r::lol:

Gutted im not able to make the trip to Wick, been impressed by the new style the manager has us playing at the minute hopefully it can continue.

Was at the motherwell game and was very impressed with my name sakes Anderson

I'm just going with what he said guys. Don't shoot the messenger and all that jazz.

That's what my bro said. He's there filming when the managers get interviewed. Highly unlikely he would lie to me with what he said regarding the trialist.

I'm just going with what he said guys. Don't shoot the messenger and all that jazz.

That's what my bro said. He's there filming when the managers get interviewed. Highly unlikely he would lie to me with what he said regarding the trialist.

Not having a go mate, just being objective......

Then again maybe your brother is a troll ;)