The New Raith Rovers Thread

Berra doesn't look finished. He's not the player he was but he wouldn't be with us if he was. A fit musonda has to play at cb, I'm happy enough with either berra or bene partnering him in there. Iv also liked lang when we've played against him and mckay is waiting to get back to fitness as well. It's a good but difficult conundrum for mcglynn to get right.

We didn't have any floodlights.
All four pods have now been replaced but likely not fully commissioned.

I Did think that. But with it being a during the day game, during the summer I wouldn’t have thought the floodlights would be an issue.
Maybe a mixture of that and as roverthemoon says for fans being more inclined to come if they can get home for the euros games.

I think Berra has been fine based on what I've seen. 

Zanatta and Keatings still have a lot of convincing to do. 

I thought the 16 trialist showed more than the Irish lad we had previously and is worth another look. Would prefer to see him playing with Spencer rather than instead of him. 

I would also look into offering a modern apprenticeship to the young left back who although very raw has showed some signs of potential. 

Poplotnik has won me over a bit, partly because of his cameo performance but mainly because of his squad number. 

What's so special about his squad number? Am I missing something there?

16 looked similar to wedderburn in that he can play a decent pass but positionally wasn't great and turned like a bus. The two trialists we have had for cm definitely seem more defensive minded but I don't think either have looked up to it.

32 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think Berra has been fine based on what I've seen. 

Zanatta and Keatings still have a lot of convincing to do. 

I thought the 16 trialist showed more than the Irish lad we had previously and is worth another look. Would prefer to see him playing with Spencer rather than instead of him. 

I would also look into offering a modern apprenticeship to the young left back who although very raw has showed some signs of potential. 

Poplotnik has won me over a bit, partly because of his cameo performance but mainly because of his squad number. 

Totally agree with you mate 

3 hours ago, Zaltan said:

people having a go at Zanatta for not tracking his man on the second goal, he was no where near that play as he had pressed the cb and was on the right

You're right, my apologies to Dario. Although he was nominally the left winger, as that move breaks down our midfield and attack are all over the shop, and he's the furthest forward, away on the right hand side of the park. 

Screenshot_20210703-193147.thumb.png.0c18e138a8f3c7b8bc1d2853d1f11725.png

You can almost see here that our back line is holding together. The young left back is out of shot, but only just, he's with the QP right winger. 

For some reason, it's James Keatings who's ended up furthest left, in line with the other trialist and Connolly, whereas Tait, Vaughan and (out of shot) Zanatta have all gone beyond the ball trying to press. 

Michael Doyle has all the time in the world to wander over to that touchline, and Keatings either hasn't seen him or just doesn't have the inclination to go with him. 

Early days yet, obviously, but if we're going to be that fluid across the midfield and the attack, there needs to be greater defensive discipline when the ball is turned over. 

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

5 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Think this is a bit disingenuous toward the Trust.  Ultimately the club does what it wants on pricing and no fan group gets to ‘green light’ it.  As far as I’m aware, the Trust weren’t consulted on pricing, it was more the Trust off their own back actively arguing the case on making kids season ticket prices more affordable, which they’ve been doing for the last few years I think.  Their statement reflects that the club have  finally listened to that argument.

If folk are angry about adult season ticket pricing, then it’s the Board of Directors that have a case to answer, especially the fans rep who presumably sat round that table while the final decisions were being made?  Feels a bit unfair to blame a fans group who actually lobbied to help get affordable kids pricing. There’s no point having things like the Roary Club (which the Trust funds) if the cost of bringing kids under 11 along to the game is ridiculous which it had been until this season. 

You seem bothered about the Trust maybe being afforded some of the blame for the season ticket fiasco but don't think twice about pointing the finger towards the fans rep and the role he may have played? 

Maybe the fans rep brought up concerns regarding the supporters' generosity not being acknowledged?

4 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Atleast the clique will greenie that shite patter

🤦🏻‍♂️

This imagined clique causes you more concern than it should. 

I don't want to get involved with it all but I'm sure there was a survey put out by the trust which asked alot of specific questions relating to all this. That's the only input I have on the matter as I honestly can't remember what was all in it and have no idea the purpose or what has happened since.

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

You seem bothered about the Trust maybe being afforded some of the blame for the season ticket fiasco but don't think twice about pointing the finger towards the fans rep and the role he may have played? 

Maybe the fans rep brought up concerns regarding the supporters' generosity not being acknowledged?

🤦🏻‍♂️

This imagined clique causes you more concern than it should. 

200 club clique backing up fans rep, voted in on back of 200 club clique  🤷‍♂️

I'm completely out the loop about who said what to who re the trust and season tickets. What I will say is that if people are upset about the season ticket situation I'd encourage them to contact the club directly. The only time I've ever contacted the club directly about how things when it came out they were trying to parachute Rangers into the first division. I sent an email off along the lines of "if this happens we're fucked" and got a response off Turnbull Hutton within a few hours basically saying he was in complete agreement and that the club fully intended to make a stand about it. 

I'd imagine if you do send out something, you'll probably get a response of "We've put up the cost because we've not got any fans coming through the gates and we've just had a pandemic" which is probably a bit more salient from our board of accountants but it's worth airing your views directly. 

47 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Interesting that McGlynn says in his post match interview he doesn't know much about Poplatnik 🤨

Yep concerning along with his comments thinking it was a great game and entertaining for the fans.Sure McGlynn said in a previous interview that loan player worked out  more costly than actually signed players so maybe he got him on the cheap

Mind you,thought Poplantik played pretty well considering hes just in the doot

Yep concerning along with his comments thinking it was a great game and entertaining for the fans.Sure McGlynn said in a previous interview that loan player worked out  more costly than actually signed players so maybe he got him on the cheap
Mind you,thought Poplantik played pretty well considering hes just in the doot
Kennedy probably makes more a week than the majority of rovers fans on here do a month. He's a highly rated youth player. Poplatnik won't be on the same level as that.