The New Raith Rovers Thread

Aware its about fitness,preparation,formations and the like but that was poor

Berra-been better keeping Davo

Keatings-some good link up play but doesnt look like he,ll give us goals

Zanatta-why?

Liam Dick looks good/decent

Edited by Rovers_Lad

9 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Can we please not make any judgements on tonight's showing? 2nd preseason game with trialists and subs. Little wonder theres not much cohesion.

While we've not got the same strength in our team, the 6-2 game against Falkirk last season should be used as an example of why preseason friendlies are most importantly about match fitness. 

While we've not got the same strength in our team, the 6-2 game against Falkirk last season should be used as an example of why preseason friendlies are most importantly about match fitness. 
I agree but there is an obvious lack of midfield presence in the two friendlys so far. We haven't seen our starting midfield play yet, but that shows a lack of depth. I haven't seen anything from the wingers yet to suggest they are up to scratch either. Berra really should be an upgrade on davo but I'm not seing him and bene working well together. It is just two pre season games that are all about fitness and getting to know your team though. I trust mcglynn but I definitely feel this is a transition season, where we should be looking to consolidate in the league and kick on from there.

17 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Did any Clyde trialists catch the gaffers eye

The only trialist that was actually a trialist was Tade. I assume there's some registration reasons why the others were named as trialists, but they're players we have signed. Not that you should be looking anywhere near our team for Championship players, Goodwillie aside.

Raith were very poor tonight but I daresay being full-time that they'll have been doing some sort of training/gym work earlier today. I know you all loved Regan Hendry but I reckon his loss will prove to be greater than you imagined.

Another thumbs up from me for the commentators. Really good listening.

9 minutes ago, David W said:

The only trialist that was actually a trialist was Tade. I assume there's some registration reasons why the others were named as trialists, but they're players we have signed. Not that you should be looking anywhere near our team for Championship players, Goodwillie aside.

Raith were very poor tonight but I daresay being full-time that they'll have been doing some sort of training/gym work earlier today. I know you all loved Regan Hendry but I reckon his loss will prove to be greater than you imagined.

Another thumbs up from me for the commentators. Really good listening.

Yeah Hendry is hard act to try and replace, therex no-one in the current squad comes near we also need a winger and a striker from somewhere 

Early days yet though, and all the best for the season ahead

Hendry simply cannot be replaced, but we haven't even signed anyone is an attempt to do so yet, which is my number one frustration at the moment. 

We are a CM, striker and winger short of a full squad.