The New Raith Rovers Thread

32 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

Record reporting the Pars and Partick are both interested in bringing in Kai Kennedy on loan. Would like to hope we are also asking the question given his high praise of the club from his loan spell.

You’d hope we’d be in pole position. I guess he might favour Partick if it’s closer to home for him but there shouldn’t be any reason why he’d want to play for Dunfermline instead of us.

Not fussed about Kennedy myself. Ethan Ross looked far more resourceful and added more to the team. Kennedy was sensational in his first couple of games and was by no means the worst loanee we'll have from Ibrox but never looked anywhere near as good a players as the media hyped him up to be.

Yeah McGlynn mentioned that Kennedy was a very expensive loan signing. He was excellent the first few games and whilst he wasn’t hopeless after that, there was a significant dip and there could be a feeling that he didn’t produce enough to justify the outlay.

If he fits comfortably in the budget still allowing us to get a good quality striker and central midfielder, I’d be happy to see him back, he definitely has potential. However, if signing him meant we had to compromise on the quality of the striker and/or midfielder I’d rather we looked elsewhere for a winger.

42 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Not fussed about Kennedy myself. Ethan Ross looked far more resourceful and added more to the team. Kennedy was sensational in his first couple of games and was by no means the worst loanee we'll have from Ibrox but never looked anywhere near as good a players as the media hyped him up to be.

I dunno, not sure you'll find technically much better this Summer.

6 minutes ago, renton said:

I dunno, not sure you'll find technically much better this Summer.

Yeah. If he costs too much, he costs too much, but I'd be disappointed if he ends up at another Championship club, unless he fancied giving it another shot at Inverness now the restrictions aren't so bad..

4 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:

2 trialists, 1 starts and 1 on the bench. Do we think they will be our trialists from the weekend?

The starting trialist is Leo Donnellan from the weekend. There are two trialists on the bench according to the Twitter graphic, wearing the same numbers as the left back and the substitute winger from Saturday, and I'd expect it's the same two. 

We've got an explanation for no fans now - the club don't want fans breaching social distancing rules rushing to see Sir Gregory Tade...
Oor Danny is letting mcglynn see if tade still has it against championship level defenders imo