The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

As much as Raith tv have been fantastic. It was good to be back watching a game in the stadium with other fans. I know it was a limited crowd, but getting in and seated seemed to be simple and straightforward.

It's a mystery to me why this sort of thing couldn't have been happening all through last season. 

1 hour ago, ListerRRFC said:

The south stand seats are getting done tomorrow so you'd hope the north stand will be coming up soon as well.

https://www.raithrovers.net/48546/stadium-tidy-up-sunday-27621.htm

North stand seats were mostly cleaned last Sunday by the team of 8 volunteers and it took about 4 hours.

Pressure washing doesn't work it tends to spay and splash dirty water everywhere. From previous years experience the best method is lots of buckets of hot clean soapy water and sponges ands lots of volunteers.

If about 20 or 30 folk turned up more could be done and in some cases where required gone over twice but with only 8 folks or so there's a limit to what can be done.

Might seem daft, but I was genuinely emotional taking my seat today.  Something so simple as going to the Rovers with my dad seemed so far away at times last year.

The game was what it was, but that felt like such a step forward going to that match today.

16 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Might seem daft, but I was genuinely emotional taking my seat today.  Something so simple as going to the Rovers with my dad seemed so far away at times last year.

The game was what it was, but that felt like such a step forward going to that match today.

Me too, I was almost blubbering at one point. Yes, it was a shite shape, and yes we are massively short on several fronts but I honestly could have sat there all day.

I tell you what though, the best bit of today: The fact that Lewis Vaughan's involvement was treated as routine and not an exception.

Edited by renton

It was great being back in Stark’s today! Was utterly bizarre being in the North Stand, but I simply don’t care - it was great! Novar for a few pre match pints, the walk to Stark’s, Stranraer being stubborn for 50mins, and us winning. 480 days later, it was worth it! [emoji170]🤍

24 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

It was great being back in Stark’s today! Was utterly bizarre being in the North Stand, but I simply don’t care - it was great! Novar for a few pre match pints, the walk to Stark’s, Stranraer being stubborn for 50mins, and us winning. 480 days later, it was worth it! emoji170.png🤍

First time I've ever been in the North  Stand. It really was great to be back though.

I was quite impressed by Stranraer and the 4-1  scoreline was a tad harsh on them. Good to see a few of our younger lads get a run out and for Mitchell to score on his debut. 

47 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

First time I've ever been in the North  Stand. It really was great to be back though.

I was quite impressed by Stranraer and the 4-1  scoreline was a tad harsh on them. Good to see a few of our younger lads get a run out and for Mitchell to score on his debut. 

Second time I've  been in the North Stand. Had the pleasure of losing 3-0 to Motherwell back in 96. Rogiuer skying high at 1-0 from a cut back in front of an open goal.

Edited by renton

11 hours ago, renton said:

Second time I've  been in the North Stand. Had the pleasure of losing 3-0 to Motherwell back in 96. Rogiuer skying high at 1-0 from a cut back in front of an open goal.

And Danny Lennon missed a penalty to get us back and in the game. 

Jimmy Thomson was sacked a few days later. 

I've even seen Scott Roberts score a worldy while sitting in the north stand (Roary club family day), but the best game while sitting in it was the 3-2 against Dundee United when Tommy McLean returned a couple of weeks after walking out. Absolute scenes when Twaddle knocked in the winner down at the other end. 

5 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

And Danny Lennon missed a penalty to get us back and in the game. 

Jimmy Thomson was sacked a few days later. 

I've even seen Scott Roberts score a worldy while sitting in the north stand (Roary club family day), but the best game while sitting in it was the 3-2 against Dundee United when Tommy McLean returned a couple of weeks after walking out. Absolute scenes when Twaddle knocked in the winner down at the other end. 

That Dundee United game was the highlight of a fucking miserable season.

27 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

And indeed it was. Leo Donnellan, who was with Finn Harps last season. 

McGlynn looking for experience 🤣. must be his his son but not any info about him on Wikipedia says he’s got a son called Leo Donnellan Jr. Any info on him and if he’s rated?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Donnellan