The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, Paco said:

When I launch my hostile takeover of the club, my number one and perhaps only priority will be to restore the old badge.

The old new badge you mean.

I was a bit unsure about the top when I watched the video this morning but it's already growing on me so got it ordered for delivery.

I only ever wear my tops either at the games or on holiday, so at least I'll get a chance to actually wear this one.  Both of last season's tops are still hanging up with the tags attached, I'll finally have an excuse to wear one of them for the game tomorrow.

1593759397_clipping(17).thumb.jpg.0d6aecce9db314ddadf448493fba6164.jpg

After reading that, you can see he’s got a great mentality. I agree he could have gone to bigger and better clubs but FRG clearly showed a desire to get him and he knows he’s going to be playing every week. Something I doubt would happen with the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs etc from what he’s said. FGR aren’t a club that will stop him from moving on when the time is right.

1 minute ago, RRFC1989 said:

I agree he could have gone to bigger and better clubs

Could he? Sounds like the rumour mill was x, y and z team were interested but did nothing about it in terms of approaching him or offering him terms. 

Could he? Sounds like the rumour mill was x, y and z team were interested but did nothing about it in terms of approaching him or offering him terms. 

Quite obviously. No player has that many teams interested without a deal being offered eventually. However he’s chosen a team who has made every possible effort to sign him and made it clear that they accept they are a stepping stone for many players.,

40 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Only he’ll know but he clearly took his time to decide so it’s fair to assume he had other offers than FGR and ourselves. What clubs they were I doubt we’ll ever know. 

Appears there may be a few players missing today. Several in Gym 64 normally means they have an injury/knock. Matthew's definitely not playing and I'll be surprised if Dick starts. Musonda, McKay and Lang all in the gym.