The New Raith Rovers Thread

I really don't like that.

I guess I was never quite as in love with the half and half strip in 08/09 as some, and this just looks like a cheaper version. The printed badge effect is silly, it's just sitting there not really adding anything and the red flashes are bad but the red sponsor is awful.

Kinda sums up our close season tbh... promises a lot, delivers Dario Zanatta.

1 minute ago, RRFC1989 said:

Surprised with the general reaction. I really like how they’ve put a modern twist on a classic shirt. Agree the sponsor could look better but no complaints otherwise.

Modern twist = make it look worse?

You can have a half and half effect, or you can print the badge somewhere on the shirt but doing both is just silly. The red all over is horrible too.

I think being at Stark’s Park, watching a John McGlynn team in a half and half shirt will be absolutely magnificent.

It’s a bit of a shit remake I think. The sponsor is weird and I’ve no idea what the big lion in the corner is all about. But… from the stands I think it’ll look great.

11 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

This can get to f**k.

Granny Budge will have a fucking heart attack about more clubs.

Can they just f**k off with this shit, no one wants more Old Firm teams in the league or to see their club play against kids teams to help two clubs hoard more players so they don’t lose another Andy Robertson.  Neither gives a shit about our National team! All it will do is ensure these two dominate forever more until they’re invited to join a better league and then they’ll leave their B teams to ruin our top flight. 

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

I wonder what Gary Wales is up to these days. 

On the run in the Australian outback, avoiding alimony. Probably is now a Mad Max character.

Now have a mental picture of him screaming "witness me!" As he rockets in screamers from 30 yards for an Australian Sunday league side.

On the run in the Australian outback, avoiding alimony. Probably is now a Mad Max character.

Not really a fan of that either, but I didn’t particularly like the 08/09 half and half either.

A Rovers home top should be all navy blue in my mind.

Anyway, ordered one for the wee man and if we have another successful season I won’t give a monkeys that the new strip isn’t up to much.

20 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

One of, If not my favourite kit from the past growing up supporting the Rovers.

not bought myself a top in a while but order placed for me and the boys!

Me too mate, I hated last seasons but just purchased a top each for me and the boy, I think it’s a cracking strip and easily the best we have had for a number of years