Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

I can't believe we ended up losing that in the end! Thought we were at least worth the draw. A good workout for us and there's a lot to be encouraged about. I'd have been raging if we lost a league game like that, though.

Grant Anderson was again excellent, as was Brian Graham.

The only concerns I have are that we again lost a goal from a set piece and I remain to be convinced with Stuart Anderson. I think Callahan would be the better option in there.

The lack of subs made suggests to me that today's team is pretty much Murray's first pick for the season.

Not overly sure how we managed to lose that, really.

Another very encouraging performance. I missed the Hearts match so it's odd to be sitting saying this having watched three games, two being draws and one defeat... but I really am going into the real stuff with a positive attitude.

Thomson, Grant Anderson and Graham the standouts for me. We lost in the end but I wouldn't read much into that. Clarke missed an open goal and their goalie made a good few saves at 1-0. Pleased with our performance.

Edited by Paco

Thought Hamill was excellent today. Was also impressed with Malone as well. On a whole we played well and didn't just punt the ball up the park and hope for the best instead we played some nice football which is encouraging and has gave me more hope for the season.

Anyone know who the trialist was?

Thought S Anderson was fine today. He's there to do one job, sit in front of the centre halves which gives us a bit more solidity.

Doesn't help our corner kick problems though

Only just noticed that Rory boulding has left Livvi for Killie.

That's good for us concidering he was on fire against us last season.

Of all the teams we face this season (other than the Pars) I really hope we give Livvie a doing.

Only just noticed that Rory boulding has left Livvi for Killie.

That's good for us concidering he was on fire against us last season.

Of all the teams we face this season (other than the Pars) I really hope we give Livvie a doing.

McNeil! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Pleasing display. Probably the better side, and some of our football was excellent. Reece did very well at left back, and Callachsn showed good touches, but G. Anderson and Graham were standouts.

Bit disappointing to lose today and we should have had it won by the hour mark. The difference in quality, fitness and depth shone through though.

An incredibly positive pre-season so far I reckon, draws with Champion's League(ish) opposition and the team that won our league by 400 points last season, a narrow defeat to another top six team today. The only disappointment was Hearts and since we did the comedy testimonial subs routine with neither team putting in a proper challenge, I'm not really fussed by that.

Obviously, Tuesday against Alloa will destroy any confidence I have about the upcoming season but so far I'm looking forward to a quiet, comfortable season for the first time in about a decade.

Pleasing display. Probably the better side, and some of our football was excellent. Reece did very well at left back, and Callachsn showed good touches, but G. Anderson and Graham were standouts.

I thought Reece slotted into Dougie's position in CM, not going to fall out about it .

I thought Reece slotted into Dougie's position in CM, not going to fall out about it .

The way I saw it was that we started with a back four of:

Malone Hill Ellis Thomson

And then when Dougie pulled up, we changed to:

Donaldson Malone Ellis Thomson

The way I saw it was that we started with a back four of:

Malone Hill Ellis Thomson

And then when Dougie pulled up, we changed to:

Donaldson Malone Ellis Thomson

Hopefully this won't go on all night, however, of the many runs on the left, Reece broke out from the middle with Malone overlapping(or trying too), both looked good in the process.

1342902310[/url]' post='6454195']

I would have to dig up my dad so he could give yours a pasting, have we sunk so low?

my dad is deader than your dad......I agree with you, but we were fucking robbed....

my dad is deader than your dad......I agree with you, but we were fucking robbed....

Seems like RATM and Calderon are out numbered, two dead guys and RRFC2711 and me.

Bring it on cuntos.