The New Raith Rovers Thread

Only just noticed that Rory boulding has left Livvi for Killie.

That's good for us concidering he was on fire against us last season.

Of all the teams we face this season (other than the Pars) I really hope we give Livvie a doing.

Pleasing display. Probably the better side, and some of our football was excellent. Reece did very well at left back, and Callachsn showed good touches, but G. Anderson and Graham were standouts.

Bit disappointing to lose today and we should have had it won by the hour mark. The difference in quality, fitness and depth shone through though.

An incredibly positive pre-season so far I reckon, draws with Champion's League(ish) opposition and the team that won our league by 400 points last season, a narrow defeat to another top six team today. The only disappointment was Hearts and since we did the comedy testimonial subs routine with neither team putting in a proper challenge, I'm not really fussed by that.

Obviously, Tuesday against Alloa will destroy any confidence I have about the upcoming season but so far I'm looking forward to a quiet, comfortable season for the first time in about a decade.

Pleasing display. Probably the better side, and some of our football was excellent. Reece did very well at left back, and Callachsn showed good touches, but G. Anderson and Graham were standouts.

I thought Reece slotted into Dougie's position in CM, not going to fall out about it .

The way I saw it was that we started with a back four of:

Malone Hill Ellis Thomson

And then when Dougie pulled up, we changed to:

Donaldson Malone Ellis Thomson

Hopefully this won't go on all night, however, of the many runs on the left, Reece broke out from the middle with Malone overlapping(or trying too), both looked good in the process.

I would just like to say ,I was at the game today and although United played poorly today, the way Raith played was a credit to them and I would like to think that they can put up a good challenge at the top half of the league this new season.wink.gif

Raith are my new "wee Team"laugh.gif

ETA pies were good too and cheap !!

Edited by rustyarabnuts

I would just like to say ,I was at the game today and although United played poorly today, the way Raith played was a credit to them and I would like to think that they can put up a good challenge at the top half of the league this new season.wink.gif

This - except I didnt have a pie.

I said on the SPL thread that a draw would have flattered us. Raith looked impressive, though I think a couple of their players had a tendency to throw themselves to the ground too easily.

I liked the methodical style of football Raith played. Ball on the deck, playing from the back; should do well in the coming season.

pt 1, I sincerly hope that's not the kiss of death with that quote. :huh:

pt2, Wait 'til you see the catering prices at Dens, even with this warning you'll be shocked. :hatty (fcuking bandits!)

pt 1, I sincerly hope that's not the kiss of death with that quote. :huh:

pt2, Wait 'til you see the catering prices at Dens, even with this warning you'll be shocked. :hatty (fcuking bandits!)

I did at the derby, and said to my son F**k them, thieving barstewards !!!laugh.gif