The New Raith Rovers Thread

Scots Govt. guidance is up to 1000 fans at Level 1, which is what we are currently. Level 0 permits up to 2000. I know Sturgeon isn’t everyone’s fan favourite, but I’m sure there was announcement yesterday, saying restrictions will be lifted mid August.

I still reckon it’ll be home fans only this season. Even when and if they restrictions are lifted in August, maybe will then allow a PATG option… obviously just my thoughts.

Would absolutely love to be getting on a train at 9am for an Away Day!

Buzzing for a ticket for Saturday, I cannot wait to be back in Stark’s [emoji170]🤍
If it going to be staggered entry to every game then I'm giving it a miss. The extra few hours to take off work for each game builds up, that along with coming off a nightshift. [emoji24]

Depends on whether it's cost effective to open extra stands to house more than season ticket holders as things stand I'd imagine.
I'm sorry but we must be one of the clubs who are quids in with this corona virus situation. If the club don't accommodate all season ticket holders regardless of where they can be seated in the ground it's piss poor IMO.

Depends on whether it's cost effective to open extra stands to house more than season ticket holders as things stand I'd imagine.
For what you got a season ticket holder last year then they should be doing everything possible to ensure All season ticket holders are accommodated.

I'm sorry but we must be one of the clubs who are quids in with this corona virus situation. If the club don't accommodate all season ticket holders regardless of where they can be seated in the ground it's piss poor IMO.
I agree, I was meaning more towards away fans/ patg type customers. Sim is on record last season talking about whether the cost would be worth it under the unknown, potential restrictions at the time. It still holds a bit prevelance going into the new season though.

Eta: the current guidelines restrict how many we can allow in the stadium regardless. We need to wait and see how that plays out.

I agree, I was meaning more towards away fans/ patg type customers. Sim is on record last season talking about whether the cost would be worth it under the unknown, potential restrictions at the time. It still holds a bit prevelance going into the new season though.

Eta: the current guidelines restrict how many we can allow in the stadium regardless. We need to wait and see how that plays out.
I still can't understand how both stands can't be open, wouldn't be that expensive considering it was open for about 50 fans in league 1.

I still can't understand how both stands can't be open, wouldn't be that expensive considering it was open for about 50 fans in league 1.
There is a limit under current covid guidelines of 1k. Once we hit level 0 then there is a 2k limit. August 18/19 is the goal for no limits iirc so at that point there can't reasonably be a chance of both stands not being open. I'm not suggesting the limits go beyond what the scot gov have in place or that the club would look to do so.

There is a limit under current covid guidelines of 1k. Once we hit level 0 then there is a 2k limit. August 18/19 is the goal for no limits iirc so at that point there can't reasonably be a chance of both stands not being open. I'm not suggesting the limits go beyond what the scot gov have in place or that the club would look to do so.
So what would a pay at the gate price be because if you get in excess of 1000 season tickets I'd be pissed off if I was to buy one and be the few to miss the first game of the season. 17 games is just shy of £18 a match as a season ticket price.

So what would a pay at the gate price be because if you get in excess of 1000 season tickets I'd be pissed off if I was to buy one and be the few to miss the first game of the season. 17 games is just shy of £18 a match as a season ticket price.
I'd imagine it will be around that price. The current guidelines suggest we are on course for full stadiums in August. It's obviously just a personal choice, as it is every season in fairness. I think only season ticket holders being allowed in to the friendlys are a good way to give a little back after increasing prices as well btw.

I'd imagine it will be around that price. The current guidelines suggest we are on course for full stadiums in August. It's obviously just a personal choice, as it is every season in fairness. I think only season ticket holders being allowed in to the friendlys are a good way to give a little back after increasing prices as well btw.
I'm just in the cynical stage of having 1000 fans in at staggered entry and then on this made up day of 17th August we can get 8000. I'm not convinced. Nothing so far has been to any suggested date. The minute you allow travel Im sure wee nicola will find a canary island or majorca varient to scare us with.

I'm just in the cynical stage of having 1000 fans in at staggered entry and then on this made up day of 17th August we can get 8000. I'm not convinced. Nothing so far has been to any suggested date. The minute you allow travel Im sure wee nicola will find a canary island or majorca varient to scare us with.
I'm not getting into the politics of it all. Iv dealt with it first hand and it's a b*****d of a virus. Let's hope everything keeps progressing and we can all get into starks and moan about something else.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Let's hope everything keeps progressing and we can all get into starks and moan about something else.

Please, fucking don't, just don't, it's been a long time away, I'd just like a bit of harmony for a while.

Please, fucking don't, just don't, it's been a long time away, I'd just like a bit of harmony for a while.
I have a blether wi the auld boy who sits next to me and rarely shout at games. Iv actually been more animated sat watching it in my house than at starks.

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:
2 hours ago, grumswall said:

Unfortunately, there are a lot of moving parts on determining capacity. With 2m spacing, assuming single seats, spaced apart, for each ticket holder, the actual capacity of a stand could easily be as low as between 10% and 15%…Then you have the bottom rows of seats that are potentially within the “red zone”, and thus unusable…You have to seat various officials, players and staff…We could easily see a lot less than 1,000 accommodated in the North Stand.

The simple fact is regulations may say X are allowed, but there are restrictions on how you can get to that number.

Staggered entry times, what a joke, when are we going to get away from these nonsensical regulations (not blaming the club for this), everyone will leave together at full time so what bloody difference does it make, hopefully after August 9th all these regulations are fired in the bin and we can get away fans back in as well.

8 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

Staggered entry times, what a joke, when are we going to get away from these nonsensical regulations (not blaming the club for this), everyone will leave together at full time so what bloody difference does it make, hopefully after August 9th all these regulations are fired in the bin and we can get away fans back in as well.

The most frustrating thing at the moment is adherence to guidelines that we all know are fucking nonsense and do zero to stop the spread of the virus. Frustrating though it is there are capacity limits I can almost get them. Daft one way systems and the likes? Absolutely tripe. 

Unfortunately, they're in the Government handbook and if we don't do them we'll get in a lot of trouble if we're Lee Wallace'd. 

Was like at Hampden during the Euros. Staggered entry times yet all leaving together at the end. Happy to sell merchandise but not a cup of tea or a pie. Made absolutely no sense.  Think we all know the rules are arbitrary and are more about appearing strict politically rather than based on scientific data, but they are there and as a club we have no choice but to follow them. Unfortunately can’t go on Saturday, but an extra hour sitting in Stark’s Park sounds like bliss after a year away.

Edited by roverthemoon

31 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The most frustrating thing at the moment is adherence to guidelines that we all know are fucking nonsense and do zero to stop the spread of the virus. Frustrating though it is there are capacity limits I can almost get them. Daft one way systems and the likes? Absolutely tripe. 

Unfortunately, they're in the Government handbook and if we don't do them we'll get in a lot of trouble if we're Lee Wallace'd. 

What's madness is we don't know if there's anything < level 0 yet (or at least I don't); who knows how long it'll be capped at 2k for.