The New Raith Rovers Thread

Looking forward to tomorrow's friendly. I was at the Ross County game and was impressed by Raith. Kept the ball down and played from the back.

I think we'll be giving Millar and McLean a run out with some of the younger lads. Daly may start as he only played for about 20 minutes against Everton. Hope we bring a decent support to help swell the coffers.

What was your score against Everton?

Saw Dundee Utd play Everton on Thursday to a healthy home crowd, Utd played some cracking passing football and probably deserved to draw, should have scored a couple.

Johnny Russell should have had a few, must have left his striker boots at Raith. rolleyes.gif

Callaghan looked good when he came on, shame to get beat I thought we deserved at least a draw. The trialist never got the opportunity to show us how good he was. Can't fault anyone's effort today.

Dougie Hill looked to have his best game of pre-season the only reason I can see him be substituted was if he was carrying a knock.

On the referee? George Salmond can get tae f**k!

I can't believe we ended up losing that in the end! Thought we were at least worth the draw. A good workout for us and there's a lot to be encouraged about. I'd have been raging if we lost a league game like that, though.

Grant Anderson was again excellent, as was Brian Graham.

The only concerns I have are that we again lost a goal from a set piece and I remain to be convinced with Stuart Anderson. I think Callahan would be the better option in there.

The lack of subs made suggests to me that today's team is pretty much Murray's first pick for the season.

Not overly sure how we managed to lose that, really.

Another very encouraging performance. I missed the Hearts match so it's odd to be sitting saying this having watched three games, two being draws and one defeat... but I really am going into the real stuff with a positive attitude.

Thomson, Grant Anderson and Graham the standouts for me. We lost in the end but I wouldn't read much into that. Clarke missed an open goal and their goalie made a good few saves at 1-0. Pleased with our performance.

Edited by Paco

Thought Hamill was excellent today. Was also impressed with Malone as well. On a whole we played well and didn't just punt the ball up the park and hope for the best instead we played some nice football which is encouraging and has gave me more hope for the season.

Anyone know who the trialist was?