The New Raith Rovers Thread

Noticed I got another email about my season ticket today, that this time included an copy of my season ticket barcode.

So I’m assuming they’re hoping to get fans back in for the friendlies and we’ll be using the emailed barcode if the season ticket cards haven’t been sent out.

1 minute ago, SanStarko said:

Noticed I got another email about my season ticket today, that this time included an copy of my season ticket barcode.

So I’m assuming they’re hoping to get fans back in for the friendlies and we’ll be using the emailed barcode if the season ticket cards haven’t been sent out.

Spectator arrangements will be confirmed shortly on www.raithrovers.net

Pre – Season Fixtures | Raith Rovers FC

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:
Buzzing to receive that email tbh. Makes going to games feel real.

Email?

Copy of season ticket barcode sent by the club in case season tickets don't arrive in time.

34 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I shudder to think what this would've been like had it been us who signed Mr Diving git 

Nah, then he’s our diving git, a totally different thing. Optionally, see “badge kisser” or “Baird, John”.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think the first game back being a pre season friendly will be a bit of an anti climax. Much better it being a league match. 

I'm glad that the three games are at home, it gives the club a chance to implement social distancing, stewarding and the flow of bodies in and out of the ground.

By the time the cup and league games start people will be less stressed.

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

1st game only 1 week away, I hope to hear we've signed 3 or 4 players from somewhere before then we're awfy light in the squad at the min

@TxRover See the source image

IIRC there is a window for signing loan players which is a way off yet.

41 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

1st game only 1 week away, I hope to hear we've signed 3 or 4 players from somewhere before then we're awfy light in the squad at the min

38 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

IIRC there is a window for signing loan players which is a way off yet.

30 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I know that, but we've only got 16 players excluding apprentices 

So, at the start of last seasons actual competative game (10 Oct) we had:

4 Keepers (including the aged and apprenticed)

7 Defensemen (of which one was out for the season)

9 Midfielders (of which two were apprenticed and one was a loan)

5 Forwards (of which one was apprenticed)

Totalling 25, of which 24 were available to play, but only 19 had any real chance of playing (excludes apprentices and McGurn)

This season we have:

3 Keepers (of which one is apprenticed)

7 Defensemen

6 Midfielders (of which two are apprenticed)

4 Forwards (of which one is apprencied)

Under the same standards, thats 20 players, with 16 with a real chance of playing. I expect to see a body to replace Hendry and maybe one or two more signings, but then loans will become the primary source of interest...but that also depends on how JMcG views our apprentices. Remember that Bowie and Tait both initially signed as apprenticies before being signed to full contracts a year or so later. Also, the real games don't begin for three and a half weeks, and in that time last year we added Arnott, Ross and Mahady.

So, at the start of last seasons actual competative game (10 Oct) we had:
4 Keepers (including the aged and apprenticed)
7 Defensemen (of which one was out for the season)
9 Midfielders (of which two were apprenticed and one was a loan)
5 Forwards (of which one was apprenticed)
Totalling 25, of which 24 were available to play, but only 19 had any real chance of playing (excludes apprentices and McGurn)

This season we have:
3 Keepers (of which one is apprenticed)
7 Defensemen
6 Midfielders (of which two are apprenticed)
4 Forwards (of which one is apprencied)
Under the same standards, thats 20 players, with 16 with a real chance of playing. I expect to see a body to replace Hendry and maybe one or two more signings, but then loans will become the primary source of interest...but that also depends on how JMcG views our apprentices. Remember that Bowie and Tait both initially signed as apprenticies before being signed to full contracts a year or so later. Also, the real games don't begin for three and a half weeks, and in that time last year we added Arnott, Ross and Mahady.

Defenseman… please stop Tx! Its a defender.