The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Where has this suggestion come from that we’ll sign King? I’ve seen nothing other than a few questionable characters on here thinking we will. I think the fact he struggled to get into our team last season even with McGlynn seeing regularly in training suggests he just isn’t good enough. Whilst we’re just chucking names out there, i’ll through Michael Gardyne’s name in the mix.

See my earlier post I also think Michael Gardyne. Also threw in the name Liam Polworth. Released by Motherwell and highly thought of up north

Some delusional Dunfermline fan thinking Hendry would move to them. Do they not understand he wants to move up in his career. No chance he will stay in the Championship when he apparently has several Premier league clubs plus others down south interested in him.

2 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Would it be fair to say Hendry was our best midfielder since Colin Cameron? Seems quite a statement when you think that’s 25 years or whatever, but I’m struggling to think of anyone else. 

Admittedly we’ve not exactly had an abundance of talented players in that position over the last couple of decades, but I always had Paquito as the best since Mickey, but would rate Hendry higher.  

Agree with this. I was a massive Paquito fanboy but Hendry is a class above.

52 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Some delusional Dunfermline fan thinking Hendry would move to them. Do they not understand he wants to move up in his career. No chance he will stay in the Championship when he apparently has several Premier league clubs plus others down south interested in him.

You underestimate the pulling power of a massive club like Dunfermline Athletic though....

Hendry leaving has the same feeling as when Jim Baxter and Ian Porterfield moved on in days past. Both midfielders same as Regan. Both huge influence on the general play of the team. Same as Regan.

The lad is up there with the best midfielders to have graced a Rovers team and to have graced Stark's Park with his talent. 

5 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

Where has this suggestion come from that we’ll sign King? I’ve seen nothing other than a few questionable characters on here thinking we will.

While I'll admit to being a questionable character, I suggested that King might be useful as a DM if Hendry is gone and we continue to play a diamond, not that we will sign him.

4 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I think folk are mentioning King out of fear, not because there's any evidence, other than that he's a free agent and we had him on loan.

That's not an unfair viewpoint. King was, by the end of the season, a usable midfielder and is a known quantity. The simple fact is, sometimes the devil you know...

8 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Those figures are rather misleading. King was available for 22 games, started in 6 of them and finished only 3. 

He's a second-stringer.

He was announced on 29-1-2021, and was available for 16 Championship matches. He played in 10, on the bench for 5 and not in squad for 1.  He played in 2 Cup matches, and in 1 of the 4 playoff matches. Yes his time was limited, but he was generally playing the same position as Hendry, so he's a second stringer when we have Hendry, sure. As I've sad elsewhere, I'd love to see someone brillant and creative come in, but sometimes you need that known quantity, roster player (that should do Grum's nut).

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

He was announced on 29-1-2021, and was available for 16 Championship matches. He played in 10, on the bench for 5 and not in squad for 1.  He played in 2 Cup matches, and in 1 of the 4 playoff matches. Yes his time was limited, but he was generally playing the same position as Hendry, so he's a second stringer when we have Hendry, sure. As I've sad elsewhere, I'd love to see someone brillant and creative come in, but sometimes you need that known quantity, roster player (that should do Grum's nut).

King is not what we need. We need someone who can interchange and move the ball, he can hardly move himself.

29 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I don't care if they were league games, cup games or play off games; they were still games. You can dress the figures up any way you want but the fact remains that he started only 6 games out of a possible 22 and finished in only 3 of those games. There's a reason for that.

4 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Think you need to read what Raith1974 said. You’ll get the full picture. I just forgot to multi quote 

What he said means f**k all.

Grant's last season at Alloa was due to losing the spine of his team. He had them playing good stuff and with a good budget and good players, I think he will be a success. Our board thought likewise and that's why we took him. If you think he was all we could attract then you're ever more stupid than I thought.

We along with Killie are the biggest attractions in this league. The only clubs that can attract players to the championship ahead of some smaller Premiership clubs. Wighton chose us ahead of Hamilton in January. 

Grant's last season at Alloa was due to losing the spine of his team. He had them playing good stuff and with a good budget and good players, I think he will be a success. Our board thought likewise and that's why we took him. If you think he was all we could attract then you're ever more stupid than I thought.
We along with Killie are the biggest attractions in this league. The only clubs that can attract players to the championship ahead of some smaller Premiership clubs. Wighton chose us ahead of Hamilton in January. 
Head's gone. Lovely.

11 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
35 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Head's gone. Lovely.

In what way is that heads gone?