The New Raith Rovers Thread

If he is still available as a trialist, I'd like to see Spence given a start tonight, he showed some intelligent running and good touches in the RC game, but by the time he came on against Hearts, there was not much he could do to change a game where our midfield was getting pinned back.

Graham seemed like he took a bit of a knock so maybe Clarke and Spence? Maybe start Wilson as well deserves a run out

1342527252[/url]' post='6439788']

Missed the game on Saturday what was the attendance? Gutted dam work, some great players and i heard a great reception for McGlynn. Hope we get a good performance tonight will be making the trip for this one biggrin.gif COYR

Crowd on Saturday was just shy of 3000.

Grant Murray was saying last night that Spence is someone that he is interested in. Laurie Ellis spoke of Spence's good movement too. I get the impression that Spence will be at the club next season if terms can be agreed.

Crowd on Saturday was just shy of 3000.

Grant Murray was saying last night that Spence is someone that he is interested in. Laurie Ellis spoke of Spence's good movement too. I get the impression that Spence will be at the club next season if terms can be agreed.

Can see him signing, possibly within the next few days .Would be delighted with that addition in all honesty. Would give us a front three all with experience within the league.

Can see him signing, possibly within the next few days .Would be delighted with that addition in all honesty. Would give us a front three all with experience within the league.

Great if he signs team looked good against Ross County and seemed to play some nice football in patches. Is he likely to be the last signing or are there rumors of any other targets I appreciate the budget is limited so won't have much left. Just need some good loan signings to help maybe - Over to you John McGlynn (please can we have Walker back wink.gif)

Great if he signs team looked good against Ross County and seemed to play some nice football in patches. Is he likely to be the last signing or are there rumors of any other targets I appreciate the budget is limited so won't have much left. Just need some good loan signings to help maybe - Over to you John McGlynn (please can we have Walker back wink.gif)

Before McG left he was talking aobut still needing 3-4 players. If Spence signs that would give us Spence, Anderson and erm, Anderson. Which would be the right ball park.

I'd like to think we could convince John McGlynn to send one or two faces our way, another option out wide is a must, at the moment we have Grant Anderson, Joe Hammill and Alan walker. Hammill and Anderson are obviously two very different types of player and walker is closer to Hammill than Anderson int erms of being a wide midfielder. I think we need another left footed wide player, probably more in the pacy category and more likely to wnat to push the byeline. As much as I think Hammill has done alright, we need an option to change things on that side, and if Anderosn is injured or loses form we'd lose a lot of pace out of the team.

As AndyC said, at last night's meeting, Bert indicated they were looking for one more player, possibly Spence.

Also discussed was the relationship with Hearts, John McGlynn stated that there would be players coming to the Rovers, but only if it benefited both clubs.

Spence is allegedly being looked at by Falkirk too so if we want him we might need to move sooner rather than later. I too would give him a start tonight. Can you play trialists for more than three matches as long as they're friendlies? If not tonight is our last chance to have a look at him.

Anyone get a pie on Saturday? I got one at the Ross County game that I assume had been left out through the close-season. Bogging, so it was. Any better at the Hearts match?

Spence is allegedly being looked at by Falkirk too so if we want him we might need to move sooner rather than later. I too would give him a start tonight. Can you play trialists for more than three matches as long as they're friendlies? If not tonight is our last chance to have a look at him.

Anyone get a pie on Saturday? I got one at the Ross County game that I assume had been left out through the close-season. Bogging, so it was. Any better at the Hearts match?

We are done in this window if the website is anything to go by.

1342535539[/url]' post='6440329']

I had a steak pie at the Hearts game and it was tremendous as usual. Not had a mince pie at the Rovers for ages.

As AndyC said, at last night's meeting, Bert indicated they were looking for one more player, possibly Spence.

Also discussed was the relationship with Hearts, John McGlynn stated that there would be players coming to the Rovers, but only if it benefited both clubs.

Cheers for the info Zen Archer keeping up with everything that's going on in the Scottish leagues this week is a full time job. Also noticed on SKY text SFA might bring charges against Ally McCoist for his witch hunt that led to threats against our board and club along with others. This is 100% correct thing to do in my opinion as he was well aware of the consequences of his actions in stirring up the fans (Neil Lennon affair shows what can happen) so I hope the SFA make their point to stop anyone doing the same in the future.

I had a steak pie at the Hearts game and it was tremendous as usual. Not had a mince pie at the Rovers for ages.

Good stuff, a Starks steak pie will likely be my dinner substitute tonight.

1342538672[/url]' post='6440488']

Cheers for the info Zen Archer keeping up with everything that's going on in the Scottish leagues this week is a full time job. Also noticed on SKY text SFA might bring charges against Ally McCoist for his witch hunt that led to threats against our board and club along with others. This is 100% correct thing to do in my opinion as he was well aware of the consequences of his actions in stirring up the fans (Neil Lennon affair shows what can happen) so I hope the SFA make their point to stop anyone doing the same in the future.

That's brilliant news. I hope they make an example out of McCoist for his despicable behaviour.

Had one too, little soggy but still good eating

FT 1-1. Was at the game, it was my first frienldly since I missed the Hearts game andd I must say, I am impressed with our new style of play. Most of our passes were along the ground and we created a lot of chances towards the end. I am confident that we can have a very respectable season this time round.

Attendance was just 898 if you were wondering.

How the hell didn't we win the game tonight. Thought we showed up really well, happy teddy the night.

Motherwell in Europe? Think they should be in the 3rd with Newco (The Glasgow Cubs)

Let's hope it was just fitness they were trying to get, otherwise it will get embarressing for them in Europe

I actually felt Motherwell edged things up until they got their goal, which Ross Laidlaw probably won't want to see any time soon. They had a couple of chances in the first half that should've seen them ahead, Laidlaw making a very impressive close range stop on one occasion. We were relatively poor I thought, certainly much more so than last week against Ross County. Whether this was due to Motherwell being a bit better is up for debate.

The big change in us came after we took off Spence and Stuart Anderson for Callachan and Clarke though, Callachan was far brighter than Anderson who for me wants far too much time on the ball and is a bit, if you'll excuse the cliche, powderpuff. How much of this is down to pre-season I don't know but I'd like to see a bit more from him.

Cracker of a goal, good switch from Reece Donaldson, a wonderful cross from Jason Thomson and an even better header from Clarke. Seriously good goal. Clarke really should've won it at the death when he found himself wide open eight yards from goal, he took a touch, steadied himself and hit the bar when it was easier to score.

Good performance from us in the second half, couple of really good passing moves nearly ending in goals. More of that, please.

If we can play consistently this season like we did tonight I feel like we could certainly push for a top-half finish. Some great passing along the deck, Pat Clarke came on and made quite a difference, his goal was a peach and should really have buried that last chance of the bar!

Pleasing.