The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yep Tomas Hajovsky is currently on loan from Viktoria Plzen. They were in the bloody Champions League last season after winning the Czech league in 2011/12. According to wiki he's made 33 appearances for Plzen.

He's only 29 as well! Was only a young guy when he came to us. Opportunity missed maybe??

Consider the wages that all the Anelka players were on (and we were paying for their accomadation as well, mind) at the time and pish or no, there was no way we'd be able to have kept them....

Yep Tomas Hajovsky is currently on loan from Viktoria Plzen. They were in the bloody Champions League last season after winning the Czech league in 2011/12. According to wiki he's made 33 appearances for Plzen.

He's only 29 as well! Was only a young guy when he came to us. Opportunity missed maybe??

Just checked Plzen's scores in Europe last couple of seasons after winning their Cup in 2010 and the League last season - thrashed Rosenborg and Copenhagen and a team from Georgia and had draws against Basiktas and feckin AC MILAN! And Dalziel didnt think he was good enough for us at the bottom of the First Division... He couldnt tell a good player from a ballet dancer. As for the wages thing, we had to pay them anyway so there was no reason for Dalziel not to play him. Dalziel prefered to humilate the Czechs, not just by sidelining them but saying publicly in the press that they were shite costing the club money. As far as Hajovsky's concerned the humiliation's Dalziel's.

I don't doubt that there were some players in that side who had potential in them that we might, in different circumstances, have been able to make something of, and that throwing them into such a shit disorganised team was never the way you were going to find out. Nonetheless, circumstances being as they were, most of those players looked like they didn't know what had hit them. So fair enough, it's hard to blame Hajovsky himself for his bunny-in-headlights act, but that doesn't alter the fact of it.

...it's hard to blame Hajovsky himself for his bunny-in-headlights act, but that doesn't alter the fact of it.

I dont know what you mean by the rabbit in headlamps bit. Was it stage fright on his debut or all the time - I seem to remember him doing ok. Remember he must only have been around 22 at the time. In any case, Dalziel must have seen what he was like in training all the time he was there. I cant believe he was as shite as was made out. Seeing he played in a Czech Cup and Championship winning side as well as in Europe he must have been a class player.

Edited by Big Berk

You are aw fuds as there is no way i can wear ma auld boots as i buried them after my last game. :o:death:1eye:green:yucky

Gav you were a rock in defence bud :-) Just wish we had four at the back with your commitment, although i did enjoy giving you the odd punch on the back o the head from corners. you made sure you got to the ball b4 i did after that lol

Gav you were a rock in defence bud :-) Just wish we had four at the back with your commitment, although i did enjoy giving you the odd punch on the back o the head from corners. you made sure you got to the ball b4 i did after that lol

Cheers mate and i know you enjoyed punching me in the head cos every you did it you laughed lol.I learned ma lesson eventually albeit too late to avoid some bruising and concussion.You wereny a bad keeper either but if you had worn your elton johns you would have known the difference between my head and the ball. :lol::lol:

1342209827[/url]' post='6427748']

http://boards.footym...14497230&page=4

Post 153 is a peach, well done that man.

Post 159...

Turnbull Hutton

Bang on the button

Respect from us

The molestors of mutton.

:lol:

Always loved my trips to Aberdeen, hope we have a wee cup run to be able to thank a lot of the teams who have been right behind the Rovers and Turnbull.

Post 159...

Turnbull Hutton

Bang on the button

Respect from us

The molestors of mutton.

:lol:

Always loved my trips to Aberdeen, hope we have a wee cup run to be able to thank a lot of the teams who have been right behind the Rovers and Turnbull.

When you read the whole thread, it's like 'Scotland the what' is doing a loop in your head.

I am impressed with all the characters therin and am glad that there are good people out there.

Cheers mate and i know you enjoyed punching me in the head cos every you did it you laughed lol.I learned ma lesson eventually albeit too late to avoid some bruising and concussion.You wereny a bad keeper either but if you had worn your elton johns you would have known the difference between my head and the ball. :lol::lol:

I did know the difference lol was impressed with Anderson the day! never seen him during the wk but he'll cause a lot of defences probs for us

Having seen Tuesday's game and then having seen today's, I'm not so much worried for us as worried for Ross County.

Shame about the result, and the whole being-outclassed thing, but a nice afternoon for Laurie. I'm a bit towards the Mr Spock end of the emotional spectrum, myself, but it was all heart-warming to have the Ellis / McGlynn / Hutton love-in through the presentations.

My opinions on the Rovers after yesterday

They have a decent strike partnership that could be very useful at this level. The problem is the link from midfield to attack. Too often they go straight to Graham and he only has Clarke hear him. Hammil narrows the game on the left and Hill isn't the type of player to bomb on. It thought Malone looke woeful. Anderson is an outlet on the right but his deliveries were very hit and miss. He's a threat but technically average.

The middle of the park pairing seemed similar in that they will do short and pretty stuff but no one will go and make something happen.

The centre half pairing will win everything when the ball is on front of them or in the air. Get them turning and it's a different game.

Good luck for next season, obviously not against us.

My opinions on the Rovers after yesterday

They have a decent strike partnership that could be very useful at this level. The problem is the link from midfield to attack. Too often they go straight to Graham and he only has Clarke hear him. Hammil narrows the game on the left and Hill isn't the type of player to bomb on. It thought Malone looke woeful. Anderson is an outlet on the right but his deliveries were very hit and miss. He's a threat but technically average.

The middle of the park pairing seemed similar in that they will do short and pretty stuff but no one will go and make something happen.

The centre half pairing will win everything when the ball is on front of them or in the air. Get them turning and it's a different game.

Good luck for next season, obviously not against us.

Ta. Its a long time since we had an effective midfield, in fact a midfield of any description as it wasnt much more than an extension of our defence, so short pretty stuff is something new at least .

Good luck to Cowden too in the coming season, they didnt have much luck in their last two forays into the First, especially with unjuries.