The New Raith Rovers Thread

46 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’d like us to go and get the left back Queens had from Rangers, James Maxwell. He was very good against us.

100%, unless they are keeping him.

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

I think he said we sold Bowie as we needed the cash at that point. No one could have anticipated Covid and the £500k grant handed to us by government, which I’m guessing would have allowed us to keep Kieran for our promotion push. A hindsight thing. 

Agree that the K107 show is excellent. Always something interesting in it. Tade and Baird were superb the other week. 

100% correct, the £’s kept us afloat.

Would have been great to have Bowie right now he was such a physical threat. 

Not surprised the stands are rotting, they were knocked up in no time and went for years without any maintenance.

Well that was a bit shite. We ran out of steam/ideas tonight. Howling decision for the goal though never offside.

Hope we can hang onto most of the team. If frankie stays defence looks good. Midfield will be weakend by Hendry (probably) going and we need to sort out at least one striker.

Oh and Davo to get a red in his last game on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

7 goes at the play-offs without winning. Anyone care to bet how many goes we’ll take before that changes? 10? More?

Finishing third was always going to make it more difficult for the Rovers. Those extra games really knackered the squad. On balance, there’s not a lot to choose from between the two sides tonight - though I appreciate a 3-0 score line on paper doesn’t reflect that. 

14 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

7 goes at the play-offs without winning. Anyone care to bet how many goes we’ll take before that changes? 10? More?

Well, we've at least one a 2 legged tie now in both of the last sets we've been involved with. Before that the best we managed was one win over Hibs.

Finishing third was the killer. Always felt that when we lost to Dundee at Dens then any thought of promotion was gone. There was no way we were going to get through six games to go up. That said, the worst case scenario was to lose to the Pars. We didn’t. 

This season has been beyond d our wildest dreams so absolutely no complaint here. With Bene, Berra and Musonda (hopefully) here next season our defence will be better. We’ll lose Hendry and maybe some others but we are well placed to challenge for a play off again. In McGlynn we trust 

18 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I can't see us ever winning the Premiership play offs in their current format. 

To be honest, even finishing 2nd wouldn't have seen us get promoted.  We needed a bit more experience and steel to get through tonight - which we just don't have in the right areas. Tonight in the 2nd half should have been about seeing out 2-0 and trying to regroup. 

Success would be getting through the close season and keeping Spencer, Musonda, Mcdonald and Armstrong.  Obviously there will be the obvious Hendry shaped hole to fill, but that's inevitable. We are still well placed. 

P

Just now, roverthemoon said:

Finishing third was the killer. Always felt that when we lost to Dundee at Dens then any thought of promotion was gone. There was no way we were going to get through six games to go up. That said, the worst case scenario was to lose to the Pars. We didn’t. 

This season has been beyond d our wildest dreams so absolutely no complaint here. With Bene, Berra and Musonda (hopefully) here next season our defence will be better. We’ll lose Hendry and maybe some others but we are well placed to challenge for a play off again. In McGlynn we trust 

Agree. It might sound a bit small time, but the Dunfermline play off was effectively our final. They were the games that topped off the season.

Even if we had somehow gotten past Dundee we'd have been running on empty for the final. I don't think Davo has the legs for 6 games inside 3 weeks and I doubt Vaughan does either. 

How we replace Hendry will be huge for next season. 

34 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

To be honest, even finishing 2nd wouldn't have seen us get promoted.  We needed a bit more experience and steel to get through tonight - which we just don't have in the right areas. Tonight in the 2nd half should have been about seeing out 2-0 and trying to regroup. 

Success would be getting through the close season and keeping Spencer, Musonda, Mcdonald and Armstrong.  Obviously there will be the obvious Hendry shaped hole to fill, but that's inevitable. We are still well placed. 

P

I think MacDonald will turn full time so he should be fine. I must say I hadn't really considered that Spencer or Armstrong would have offers from better teams than us, although no doubt there are teams below us who could offer them more money.