The New Raith Rovers Thread

Draw.

ICT win.

Dundee win.

That's the order of preference.

Nae idea what Embow has been smoking thinking that a Dundee win is the preferred option for Raith.

We absolutely don't want to play Inverness in the play-offs but a Dundee win vastly reduces our chances of coming second so we want that even less.

A Dundee win would be bad news, an ICT less so but like nearly everyone else thinks a draw is what we'd prefer. I'm not so apprehensive about meeting ICT, we're better than them and I think we'd have a better chance agianst them in the playoffs than Dundee.

Inverness win is the preferred option for me. If they win, a draw in either one of our last two games sees us second (or should based on goal difference). If they draw, we would need to draw against Dundee AND Hearts or beat Hearts if we get beat by Dundee to guarantee second.

Either way, to have second place in our own hands with 2 games to go is an outstanding effort although at the moment, Dundee also have it in their own hands.

5 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Inverness win is the preferred option for me. If they win, a draw in either one of our last two games sees us second (or should based on goal difference). If they draw, we would need to draw against Dundee AND Hearts or beat Hearts if we get beat by Dundee to guarantee second.

Don’t think so, a draw would put Dundee 4 behind us so a draw at Dens would mean they can’t catch us, no?

23 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Draw.

ICT win.

Dundee win.

That's the order of preference.

Nae idea what Embow has been smoking thinking that a Dundee win is the preferred option for Raith.

We absolutely don't want to play Inverness in the play-offs but a Dundee win vastly reduces our chances of coming second so we want that even less.

I was only trying to be polite to  Ludo*1 after misquoting him.

I'm with all the rest of you in believing a draw is the very best result for us. I do have a wee tremor (not related to any overindulgence of alcohol, wacky baccy etc.!) at the thought of meeting ICT in the play offs. Our record is absolutely honking against them over 20+ years in this fixture.

12 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Don’t think so, a draw would put Dundee 4 behind us so a draw at Dens would mean they can’t catch us, no?

Aye you’re right, f**k knows what I was talking about!

Still think an Inverness win is preferable. Means if we lost at Dundee (not heavily) a draw against Hearts should still see us second. Whereas if Dundee get a draw Tuesday then beat us we would be left needing to beat Hearts to guarantee second.

Edited by R.R.FC

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

A draw puts Inverness 8 points behind with 6 to play for,and Dundee 4 behind with 6 to play for.

A draw tomorrow and a draw on Sat will see us there.

Ah ha! The two consecutive draws scenario! Those of us of a certain vintage will well remember that from the end of the 1994-5 season.

Dundee were also part of that scenario back then. Nervous, very nervous times playing Hamilton at Firhill on the last day. Especially the Peter Duffield open goal miss near the end. However, two nil nil draws in the last two games got us over the line to complete our "Double". Happy days indeed.😄

Edited by embow

I’d say an Inverness win is preferable if we could guarantee Hearts won’t lie down to them. So I’ll say draw is the best result as the Jambos seem to think anyone who voted the same way as them is somehow their new bestie and didn’t do vote out of their own self interest like every club.

3 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

A Dundee win would be bad news, an ICT less so but like nearly everyone else thinks a draw is what we'd prefer. I'm not so apprehensive about meeting ICT, we're better than them and I think we'd have a better chance agianst them in the playoffs than Dundee.

Dunfermline to pip Inverness to fourth, then beat Dundee in the quarter final.

I think we've got a better chance of beating Dunfermline than either of the other two.

Then we can pump them in the semi and Ross County in the final.

That's my dream scenario anyway......

Dunfermline in the playoffs? No thanks. I think we've had our slice of good fortune against them this season by finishing above them and giving them a proper hiding live on telly. Not to mention we've been lording it up towards them lately that I'd have to be the glass half empty guy and say it would come round to bite us in the erse.... And we wouldn't hear the end of it.