The New Raith Rovers Thread

The game yesterday sounds similar to a game at Alloa in the early 2000s. We were both battling relegation with a couple of matches to go and we were 2-0 up against 9 men (I think their goalkeeper may have been sent off that day also) but we somehow conceded a goal and ended up clinging on nervously for a 2-1 win. 

I don't really see much point in comparing Nicholl and mcglynn. Both have been fantastic for the club and both have had different achievements. Nicholl's are unlikely to be replicated any time soon which is why he is our most important if not best manager of my time supporting the club. Mcglynn has in the past 20 years been our best manager though and has in two different spells had us in a position to return us to the top flight for the first time in over two decades and I'm not sure Nicholl could have done that. I'd say they were definitely the right people at the right time and should both be celebrated as fantastic managers of our club.

46 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The game yesterday sounds similar to a game at Alloa in the early 2000s. We were both battling relegation with a couple of matches to go and we were 2-0 up against 9 men (I think their goalkeeper may have been sent off that day also) but we somehow conceded a goal and ended up clinging on nervously for a 2-1 win. 

I'm sure ex Raith goalie Guido Van de Kamp was in goals for Alloa that day and let in an absolute stinker.

Edit - I found the match report

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/1289479.stm

Edited by mrpaddyx

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

The silence from San Starko is deafening, are we joining the new super league or not?

Why, no, but I did hear that we’re the leading candidate to replace Liverpool!

Shamelessly copied from All things Dundee FC where someone asked if Sir Jimmy was still involved around Dens Park.

Sacrilege! Nothing but sacrilege! 🤭

Is Jimmy Nicholl still involved with Dundee unofficially?

I see him at least once a week, early morning, coming out of that Food on the Green place at the top of the Provie

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Usually causing a bit of a traffic issue as he just parks in the middle of the road pretty much and slaps his emergency lights on.

Typical geriatric driving around. They get right on my tits.

Thank you

🤭

Edited by embow

Shamelessly copied from All things Dundee FC where someone asked if Sir Jimmy was still involved around Dens Park.
Sacrilege! Nothing but sacrilege! [emoji2960]

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:
Usually causing a bit of a traffic issue as he just parks in the middle of the road pretty much and slaps his emergency lights on.
Thank you
[emoji2960]
Bear in mind ludo is a massive Barry Smith fan as well...

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
32 minutes ago, embow said:
Sacrilege! Nothing but sacrilege! emoji2960.png

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:
Thank you
emoji2960.png

😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
33 minutes ago, embow said:
Sacrilege! Nothing but sacrilege! emoji2960.png

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:
Thank you
emoji2960.png

Aye, the player that's made the 2nd most appearances in our history, managed us to a club record run, saved the club and continues to work with the club's youth system to this day. Utterly shite manager ever since though.

Don't really see your point tbh.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

A manager who refused to play Regan Hendry as he didn't deem him good enough.  Conversation over. 

What conversation? I seem to have been roped into some weird discussion here that has nothing to do with me asking what I asked in the Dundee thread. :lol:

3 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

I'm sure ex Raith goalie Guido Van de Kamp was in goals for Alloa that day and let in an absolute stinker.

Edit - I found the match report

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/1289479.stm

The same season Guido went nuclear and publicly blew the whistle that he hadn't been paid for weeks, ends up with our relegation rivals for the rest of the season.

What conversation? I seem to have been roped into some weird discussion here that has nothing to do with me asking what I asked in the Dundee thread. [emoji38]
It looked like you were dissing sir Jimmy on the post I replied to. That's why I made lite of you being a Barry Smith fan.
One of my neighbours knows Hendry very well. I've told him to make sure he signs that fucking contract ASAP.
You should strongly suggest to your neighbour that hendry should sign the contract.

29 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It looked like you were dissing sir Jimmy on the post I replied to. That's why I made lite of you being a Barry Smith fan. You should strongly suggest to your neighbour that hendry should sign the contract.

That was just the other Raith fan making a c**t of the quotation tbf.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That was just the other Raith fan making a c**t of the quotation tbf.

🤫

Ya roaster! Behave yersel'😂

You implied our much revered Sir Jimmy was a typical geriatric driver. The great man is only 64 years old. I'll happily concede to your fanatical frothing over Barry Smith but only for what he did for Dundee which is obviously the most important thing to you. Just get your lot to get something from ICT on Tuesday. Thank you,👍

31 minutes ago, embow said:

🤫

Ya roaster! Behave yersel'😂

You implied our much revered Sir Jimmy was a typical geriatric driver. The great man is only 64 years old. I'll happily concede to your fanatical frothing over Barry Smith but only for what he did for Dundee which is obviously the most important thing to you. Just get your lot to get something from ICT on Tuesday. Thank you,👍

Read the thread. I never said such a thing nor implied 'ya roaster'. That was Biggie that said that. I just stated that he parks on the busy road and slaps his emergency lights on whilst he goes into the bakery.

Edited by Ludo*1

47 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Read the thread. I never said such a thing nor implied 'ya roaster'. That was Biggie that said that. I just stated that he parks on the busy road and slaps his emergency lights on whilst he goes into the bakery.

Ok Ludo*1👍

On re-reading the whole caboodle I apologise profusely for my geriatric brain fail. Ach! I've a bit of an excuse being at the far end of the corridor leading to the departure lounge. Not quite geriatric but heading there in the brain. Bad fail all round from me. Still no' happy Sir Jimmy's name  was taken in vain.😉

You definitely win though. Looking for McPake to make his men do the same on Tuesday.