The New Raith Rovers Thread

54 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56499950

Looks like the Davo disciplinary action may not be over yet.

'Raith Rovers have submitted a letter of defence of the player.'

Maybe:

To whom it may concern, yes he's an angry man, and he sometimes says things he shouldn't (see references 1-60 below), but he's really a nice lad who was picked upon at school. Sincerely, The Rovers.

If that's proven he's played his last game for us. Good fucking grief. 
I am a little surprised it's taken until now for this to become apparent. 

Some way to finish his career on the verge on 500 appearances. I’d have thought we’d give him his 500 tonight assuming he’s not banned for Scottish Cup and rest Bene or Musonda but with that hanging over him I’m not sure we’ll play him.

10 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Some way to finish his career on the verge on 500 appearances. I’d have thought we’d give him his 500 tonight assuming he’s not banned for Scottish Cup and rest Bene or Musonda but with that hanging over him I’m not sure we’ll play him.

Given the situation we saw with Kamara last week then it would be suicide from a PR point of view if we play him tonight. Completely different situations of course. Looking back at the highlights of the game, he certainly calls him a "fucking diving c**t" from the sounds of things. It must have been in the stramash afterwards. The whole situation was handled farcically of course. But ultimately whether he did or didn't say something discriminatory, the only person who can control the reaction of Iain Davidson is Iain Davidson. 

Given the situation we saw with Kamara last week then it would be suicide from a PR point of view if we play him tonight. Completely different situations of course. Looking back at the highlights of the game, he certainly calls him a "fucking diving c**t" from the sounds of things. It must have been in the stramash afterwards. The whole situation was handled farcically of course. But ultimately whether he did or didn't say something discriminatory, the only person who can control the reaction of Iain Davidson is Iain Davidson. 

I agree with you and can’t see him playing for that reason although Davo is technically innocent until proven guilty. If he’s said something discriminatory he’s very stupid and will have probably ended not just his playing career but also any further involvement in the game.

I won’t judge him personally until I know more as I don’t know what was said or alleged to have been said.

I can’t comment on the alleged comments, and nor can anyone else, other than to say I hope we treat it seriously. 

The Sun are running an article about it, and the picture here is included in the article. The highlights showed very little reason to be sent off, but we all presumed on the blind side of the camera there must be a major offence. It’s a still image but doesn’t exactly suggest he’s went piling in elbows first.

B1D16493-0EAD-4F8D-9232-894BCEC7983B.jpeg

Edited by Paco

On the sending off itself, I felt it looked like Davidson both has his forearm and heads almost downwards into Todorov's head. Todorov makes a meal of it and the Caley players are instantly on to the referee crowding round to get Davidson off. The referee is already well on his way to giving a red card and you can hear at least one of our players telling him he's had a nightmare. Given the current situation with players getting changed at separate areas, you'd have to imagine it's been something in the stramash after which isn't picked up by the cameras.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

I agree with you and can’t see him playing for that reason although Davo is technically innocent until proven guilty. If he’s said something discriminatory he’s very stupid and will have probably ended not just his playing career but also any further involvement in the game.

I won’t judge him personally until I know more as I don’t know what was said or alleged to have been said.

The other though is if caddying is something he’s looking to do after this, such publicity will not aide his cause their either.

Just now, raith1974 said:

I'll take a win, but we really should be putting several goals past a team two leagues below us who have also only played 1 game in over 2 months.

I was hoping for 3 or 4 goals with Duku getting back among the goals, although at the same time, look at Hearts who would've killed for a 2-0 win. 

Can't grumble overall. 

What about Dougie Hill for showing that little Dunfermline creep the error of his ways. I often wonder if Dougie was waiting on him after the game His name was Falkingham or something similar.
Aye we absolutely cuffed you that day, a great laugh.