The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Davidson banned for 5 games, according to Mcglynns interview. 

And deservedly so. His behaviour after the red was nothing short of disgraceful. He has again let the team down, the fans down and also himself. 

10 hours ago, raith1974 said:

And deservedly so. His behaviour after the red was nothing short of disgraceful. He has again let the team down, the fans down and also himself. 

I agree, he lost it, but I think ICT have as much guilt which has gone unpunished, they deliberately worked on Davo's reputation and short fuse to create the situation.

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I agree, he lost it, but I think ICT have as much guilt which has gone unpunished, they deliberately worked on Davo's reputation and short fuse to create the situation.

Hes old enough to know better and has never learned. Time for him to go.

I don't think you can criticise ICT for working Davo at all. I'd be wanting us to wind up any short fused opponents to try and get a man advantage.

As Raith1974 said, he should know better and it's his own fault for biting.

Edit: It's not as if they were even going beyond the pale. Their player went down easy and a few other rushed the ref and Davo and that's all it took.

10 minutes in to the match...

Edited by Lang Toun Lad

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Davidson is 37 and been playing football for 18 years. 

That he continues to pick up stupid red cards befitting of a hot-headed 17 year old is on him and him alone. 

It's utterly pathetic. 

Just ran some numbers, off some spotty records back through 2007/2008. I can’t find the time in the Arbroath match, first leg of the promotion playoffs in 2008/2009. It was 21 May, 2009, and Davo got a red at some point. Excluding that, the best totals I have in that time are:

Playing for Raith Rovers, Davo has 9 reds and 89 yellows.

Davo has left the Rovers down a man for over 203 minutes, or two and a quarter matches (almost one third of that after this one card)

Davo has missed an additional 19 games (over one quarter of those this time) because of suspensions from Red cards (and probably a couple for total yellows, I didn’t find an easy way to count that).

Davo has 14 goals.

There is a fine line between anger and rage, and Davo has never found his control that allows him to stay angry without reverting to rage now and then. He certainly has been a net positive with his steady defending, but this latest tantrum has hurt the Rovers badly because of the thinness of our defensive reserve this year. I would hope that Davo is professional enough to offer an apology to both the fans and the players involved. While (possible) simulation is annoying, especially in this type of a situation, his response would result in possible charges on the Main Street. I get Iain is a passionate player, but he is a player and this is a game, you have to have control to succeed.

Because of this impulsive moment, Davo’s presumed last two possible regular season matches for Raith Rovers will likely be huge ones, versus playoff competitor Dundee and the Champion, Hearts. Points from those games will likely be necessary to make the playoffs, and I’m no longer sure I’d play Davo over Mendy in them, simply because I’m no longer confident that Davo can hold his temper if baited in these matches. Likewise, is it worth the risk/reward in the potential playoffs after that...

It may will be that Dabo’s last game with the Rovers was last Saturday, unless JMcG allows him to play in the cup matches, something I’m not sure he would be willing to do. A truly sad result, regardless of how it proceeds.

52 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Just ran some numbers, off some spotty records back through 2007/2008. I can’t find the time in the Arbroath match, first leg of the promotion playoffs in 2008/2009. It was 21 May, 2009, and Davo got a red at some point. Excluding that, the best totals I have in that time are:

Playing for Raith Rovers, Davo has 9 reds and 89 yellows.

Davo has left the Rovers down a man for over 203 minutes, or two and a quarter matches (almost one third of that after this one card)

Davo has missed an additional 19 games (over one quarter of those this time) because of suspensions from Red cards (and probably a couple for total yellows, I didn’t find an easy way to count that).

Davo has 14 goals.

There is a fine line between anger and rage, and Davo has never found his control that allows him to stay angry without reverting to rage now and then. He certainly has been a net positive with his steady defending, but this latest tantrum has hurt the Rovers badly because of the thinness of our defensive reserve this year. I would hope that Davo is professional enough to offer an apology to both the fans and the players involved. While (possible) simulation is annoying, especially in this type of a situation, his response would result in possible charges on the Main Street. I get Iain is a passionate player, but he is a player and this is a game, you have to have control to succeed.

Because of this impulsive moment, Davo’s presumed last two possible regular season matches for Raith Rovers will likely be huge ones, versus playoff competitor Dundee and the Champion, Hearts. Points from those games will likely be necessary to make the playoffs, and I’m no longer sure I’d play Davo over Mendy in them, simply because I’m no longer confident that Davo can hold his temper if baited in these matches. Likewise, is it worth the risk/reward in the potential playoffs after that...

It may will be that Dabo’s last game with the Rovers was last Saturday, unless JMcG allows him to play in the cup matches, something I’m not sure he would be willing to do. A truly sad result, regardless of how it proceeds.

We weren't in promotion play offs in 08/09. However, if it's the Arbroath game I'm thinking of I think he got sent off at full time. Fisticuffs after the whistle.

9 minutes ago, renton said:

We weren't in promotion play offs in 08/09. However, if it's the Arbroath game I'm thinking of I think he got sent off at full time. Fisticuffs after the whistle.

Fair enough. it was 21 May 2009, so I guess I presumed a playoff, my mistake.

2 hours ago, renton said:

21st March, no?

Looks like it, thanks for catching the error!

29 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

For all you data buffs, was Davo's behaviour any better at Dundee?

5 goals, 21 yellows and 1 red....in 83 games. So averaged a goal per 16.5 games, a yellow every 4 games and a red every 83.

For us it’s about a goal every 25 games, a yellow every 3.9 games and a red every 38 games.